power problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

slaggster

2000 escalade 140amp alt. yellow top under the hood,hc2400 in the back,and the big 3 is done. All power wire is 1/0 gauge. I had the ground to the frame in the rear and I spoke with sombody from Kinetic and he told me to run my ground from the battery up front to the battery in the back. So that is how it is now.

The power is good until I turn it up past a normal listening level then lights dim with all bass notes. to explain a little better. I have an Audio control Epic 160 in the dash when it reads 135db volts hold at 14.0-14.3. But if I turn it up more 140+db my volts drop to 12.0 and on all bass notes lights dim.

I have a Zapco AG650, Zapco Reference 1000 (black Ag1000)

Subs IDSPL15 1800w/rms

Should I buy a HO alt.?

I thaught Zapco made pretty efficient amps. Should I replace it with a different amp? I'm torn between new alt. new amp. if so what amp Sundown? I like my setup I just don't want to buy an alt. and have the same problem. Hope someone out there can help. Here's a pic of amps

View attachment 26501767

In general the amp isn't ever the source of dimming, it is something else, poor ground, bad alt, bad bat, bad connection somewhere ect. If everything is hooked up solid it might be the alt, I don't know how much you are trying to push though.

i have the same epic center, you dont have to have your bass gains up far with that epic center because its also a line driver and it sends out extra volts to your amp

I've had the alt checked and it checks out good. My plan is to buy a new alt 200+ amps there is 1 on ebay they claim 250 amps 145 at idle.

As far as the gains go on the amp they are turned all the way down maybe on 1/8turn. I only use the epic 160 for a volt meter an db level. I don't like the way the bass sound when I turn it on.

Is there an alt manufacture that people recomend I know there is irragi, mean green,load boss but which one do I go with?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.