Power problems with a pioneer head unit

doubskie

the car i recently bought had a pioneer DEH-P3900MP installed when i got it.

i replaced it with a jensen touch screen but it got stolen along with the rest of my system.

i went to hook up the pioneer again and it wasnt getting power.

assuming it was a bad power connection i hooked the 12v AND ignition wire straight to the positive battery terminal and the ground to the negative.

still no power. it was working fine before i took it out to upgrade.

the 10a fuse doesnt look bad.

are there any other fuses that i should check? if not what could it possibly be?

any help is appreciated.

Only a few things to check: Replace the 10A external fuse. Make sure the wiring harness is plugged in tightly. Check the face plate. With both 12v's and ground hooked straight to the battery it should turn on if in working condition.

Other than that, if it still doesn't work, its toast. Not really worth fixing a 3xxx series Pioneer.

i had that problem with mine it seemed like there was a short where the harness goes into the unit i had to set up to put pressure on the harness. and this was a deh-980bt just like 3 days ago just try movin it around a little bit

my kenwood did this today when i ran the battery dead trying to turn over my locked up motor. had to hit the reset button on the faceplate. try that. its usually small on the face or behind the face.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.