power predicament, what are your thoughts?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big Ry
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i have rainbow CMX kicks in the front (currently active), and rainbow SL69's in the rear deck. i originally had the kicks passive on the front channels of my PG xenon 200.4 and the SLs on the rear channels. long story short, i got f*cked over by a member here and no longer have the xovers. ive searched and searched but cant find em anywhere. i want to power my SLs off the xenon. so a while back i bought a 2ch USamps amp (cant remember the model). i still havent installed it yet though. i was just thinking though...couldnt i run the CMX woofers parallel on the rear channels with the SLs? obviously id need an external filter for the woofers. the CMX woofers, according to rainbow, are 4ohm, the SLs also 4 ohm. Xenon amps are like the JL slash series in that they run the same power from 1-4ohms or something of that nature. regardless, power at 4ohms should be the same as power at 2. the xenon can put out 240w cont per channel and each SL/woofer pair would only need 200w. so would this work, or am i missing a key ingredient here? lol

can the filter in the amp be bypassed? Because if it can't (and it's a high pass filter) you won't get any bass out of the amp...

But if what you say is true about the power being the same from 1-4 ohms, it should work (in theory i suppose) You will need a low pass filter for the subs, and a high pass filter for the regular speakers.

what kind of vehicle is this in. personally i would put all the power up front and run the 6x9s off the head unit. i feel that the only need for rear fill speakers is for when you have passengers in the back seat!

what kind of vehicle is this in. personally i would put all the power up front and run the 6x9s off the head unit. i feel that the only need for rear fill speakers is for when you have passengers in the back seat!
This works too, I thought when I first started I needed powered speakers in the back, but in my last install (out of laziness) I just disconnected the rear speakers, and I honestly can't tell the difference :p

no, there are no subs...well i have subs, but theyre on a separate amp. im trying to hook up the woofers from my rainbow CMX kicks in parallel with my Rainbow SL69's (6X9 coaxials) on the 2 rear channels of my PG xenon 200.4. and yes, the amps filter can be turned off but ill be needing it. i think both the CMX woofers and the SL's have to be crossed at (or at least near) the same frequency with the amps HPF. then id simply need an external LPF for the woofers, correct? do they make LPF's that hook into the speakers wire instead of the RCAs?

yeah, well my CMXs just arent loud enough for my taste. i actually like rear fill though.

its an 03 accord ex coupe (V6/6-speed)

no, there are no subs...well i have subs, but theyre on a separate amp. im trying to hook up the woofers from my rainbow CMX kicks in parallel with my Rainbow SL69's (6X9 coaxials) on the 2 rear channels of my PG xenon 200.4. and yes, the amps filter can be turned off but ill be needing it. i think both the CMX woofers and the SL's have to be crossed at (or at least near) the same frequency with the amps HPF. then id simply need an external LPF for the woofers, correct? do they make LPF's that hook into the speakers wire instead of the RCAs?

yeah, well my CMXs just arent loud enough for my taste. i actually like rear fill though.
its an 03 accord ex coupe (V6/6-speed)
i don't think there is anything that bad about rear fill but like i said, i would only use it for passengers in the back seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.