Power options for 2 RE Audio XXX's?

devin601
10+ year member

I have 2 RE Audio XXX's with 2 2600 mono Hifonic brutus amps. One on each amp. I just purchased a Kinetkik 2400 and currently have a yellow top under the hood. I have 160 amp stock alternator. I know upgrading alternator is key but i dont know where i can get a custom alternator from. i have a 2005 jeep grand cherokee. Do u think one kinetik will be enough power?

no. to be safe on music I was told to take half of your amps fusing and that should be your ah rating just for the amps, then you hafta factor in the car's electrical which should be 60-80% of your stock alts output.

for that much power even though those amps are not puting out as much power u think they are i would get another battery and get a alt. please dont get a rewound alt cuz they stink.

honestly, i know the money factor makes a HUGE differance in your choice, but i wouldnt run anything less than a well built alternator from a good manufacturer. and id only buy from the top makers. i know the money spent is a lot steeper, but you're really trying to run a big system here, so its kind of on you. if you want to take a chance with the ebay alt go for it and let us know how it works out.

im sure itl work out fine, but for how long and at how many amps is the question. i was going to buy an ebay alt because i was definitely not down to spend 600 on an alt. but then i just waited it off and saved up a little more and went ahead and bought a DC power alt. i JUST ordred it this monday so i havnt received it yet, but im sure my alt will do rated power and be reliable and wont have to worry about not getting the power i need.... it did end up costing me $550 though lol

my advice is save up and get the good stuff to begin with. that way you can be confident and sure you're gettng what your paying for. and you'll have a reliable power source. your alt is much more than for your sound system, so its worth the investment

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.