Power drainage

Participant count
  • Participants list

Caddylover

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently replaced the alternator in my 93 Cadillac deville, and since then I’ve been having problems with the car dying/not starting. Brought it back and the mechanic replaced the alternator, but the car would still die. He replaced the battery and the same thing happened. He replaced that battery, but the car would still die.

It’s weird because when I put my jumper on, it fires up and stays charged while I drive it around town, but if I turn it off without driving it a long time, it won’t start again. I recently jumped it and drove it around for a half hour without the stereo on and it would start up again after I shut it off. But if I let it sit a couple days, it won’t start. What gives?

audio/accessory power circuit is the cause of a parasitic drain more often than not. There’s really no help to be had he just has to track it down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...