Power cell battery

Participant count
  • Participant list
Can I run it in parallel with my stock battery or do they both have to be the same
this question has a subjective answer. yes you could run it with your stock battery - but by the most apropriate and correct way to battery multiple - is they all need to be the same kind / and level of use.

flooded / wet cell normal car batterys tend to rest at 12.7 volts. agm / absorbed glass matt batterys tend to rest at 13.1 volts ( brand new and not abused yet ) so just hooking two diffrent kinds together will result in a agm battery that is constantly trying to over charge a wet cell normal battery - and a normal wet cell battery keeping charge level real low on the agm battery = they will wear eachother out quickly.

that *****

the other thing you could do would to be install a relay between each battery - that only turns on with key on in the ignition.

that way with car off - the batterys are seperated from eachother.... this is better

but

the best is to have all batterys of the same age and same use cycle to them.

one brand new battery hooked to the same kind of battery thats older and been used / abused for a while already is not an ideal setup either.

what size alternator do you have ? how big is your system in rms wattage value total ?

those 2 questions will give you the number of amp hours your target goal should be in battery power.

the battery you ordered is stated to have 60 amp hours rating

I'm not even too sure the 2000 civics are 70 amp alts, mines a 2013 so I'm sure it's not too much different. I'm only running 1500 watts at 1 ohm but I pulled my power cap out cuz I feel like it just causes more problems. I get about 10 mins at full tilt before voltage drop. I have 10 feet of 0 gauge for my big 3 coming with the battery as well though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.