ported enclosure? Sizes?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wfs0801
10+ year member

I'm looking to install 2 Rockford T2 10" subs in my trunk, and I'm trying to figure out if a ported enclosure for them will even fit. This is my first system, and I am extremely new at this, so bare with me.

My trunk, from top to bottom, measures at exactly 12". No more, no less. Given the thickness of the wood used, is it possible to place the 10" subs inside of a box that can only stand about 11 1/2" high? I have a fear that it just isn't enough room. Also, I'm looking to buy a ported enclosure, and I'll also be placing a battery inside the box. Like I said, I'm new and don't exactly have a full grasp on how everything has to go, but I'm just wondering if this would even fit at that height?

Second battery just to help power the whole system, so I know I won't have any problems now or later on if I upgrade. I'm putting it inside the box just to take up a little less space in my already cramped trunk. A friend who's helping me with my install has his the same way and it works well, that's where I originally got the idea.

Second battery just to help power the whole system, so I know I won't have any problems now or later on if I upgrade. I'm putting it inside the box just to take up a little less space in my already cramped trunk. A friend who's helping me with my install has his the same way and it works well, that's where I originally got the idea.
If you put it in your box, your box will lose volume, which is the same thing as making your box smaller and having the battery next to it. Just seems like a ton more work putting in your box

I can make it work either way, whether I have it inside or not, I could just make the box bigger by bringing it out further. My only real concern is the height issue.

I can make it work either way, whether I have it inside or not, I could just make the box bigger by bringing it out further. My only real concern is the height issue.
What are the other dimensions you can use? You could always fire the sub upwards.

I don't remember exactly, but I think it was something around 30" wide, or in that ballpark. Would the subs work just as well fired upwards? It'd probably be possible to remove the spare tire and the encasing it has, and use that little cubbyhole. But I'm not sure how much more space that'd add to the trunk, I'll have to look at it.

I don't remember exactly, but I think it was something around 30" wide, or in that ballpark. Would the subs work just as well fired upwards? It'd probably be possible to remove the spare tire and the encasing it has, and use that little cubbyhole. But I'm not sure how much more space that'd add to the trunk, I'll have to look at it.
We would need all your available dimensions before we could tell you what size box you could fit.

What kind of car is it?

I would have gone out and gotten the dimensions altogether on that last post, but it's pouring outside (go figure). I drive a 2012 Nissan Altima Coupe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.