Port questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

bustaplz
10+ year member

Pissing off the world.
I've got a box design that I like for my Jeep. It's got two 3" diameter ports that point toward each other. There would be about 8" clearance between them, but would this present a problem? I've never heard of anyone having ports that point at one another, seems like it would mess with the tuning or create extra port noise. Anyone know? My other option is to put the ports on the top of the box side by side but I kind of like the idea of the side ports.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Well I ordered an oscope. Should be here today. And this beautiful beast showed up today. I’m gonna have to redo my battery and ground terminals...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...
While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...
Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...

About this thread

bustaplz

10+ year member
Pissing off the world.
bustaplz
Midland, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date