Port Plugs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

WhatsAminiTruck

Senior VIP Member
Sooooo, I still haven't had a custom box made... and I keep hearing things that make my old ideas sound obsolete.

I've got a new one...

My current box tuned at 35hz, makes bass from rock/country sound like poo poo.

I love how it sounds on the low end, though.

A friend of mine has a box tuned higher than mine, with the same subs. And his box makes his low end sound like poo poo.

I love how it sounds with rock/country, though.

Can't I just get a box with like... FOR EXAMPLE;

Has 4 small aero ports that when all un-plugged generate 20hz. When one is plugged its 30hz, when two are plugged 40hz, etc. So that I can plug/unplug according to what music i'm listening too.

What are the problems if any with this design?

Dual SA-12s on an SAZ-1500

1996 Dakota ext cab

A section of the box you make interchangeable, and do a few diff port options, like duel aeros, single aero, sealed, square port ect... then you would just change the port to suit the music you want to listen too. sounds like a lot of stuffing around tho.

A section of the box you make interchangeable, and do a few diff port options, like duel aeros, single aero, sealed, square port ect... then you would just change the port to suit the music you want to listen too. sounds like a lot of stuffing around tho.
like, a piece of wood you slide in and out? Do you have any videos/diagrams of how it works lol

Gonna try and find some my self after I post this.. but... yea

I've put a brace in slot ports that when 1 side is capped off, It would change the tuning from competition 53hz tuning, to daily 33hz tune. The cap was bolted in with a large weather stripping(I think it was for a camper shell, the guy I built it for brought it over) seal around the edge to keep it from making noise from vibration and ensure a good seal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.