port length question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jester1318
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
For those of you familiar with bass box pro and/or winisd, help me out here.

The box is 2 cuft tuned to 30hz (12" rlp), 4" precision port

When I do this calculation (Lv=((8466.4*r^2)/(Vb*Fb^2))-(1.463*r) I get a number like 15.89". Winisd gives 16.28" with end correction being .614 (is that right for 2 flared ends?) And Bass box Pro gives a length of 17.35".

Which of these is correct? Or is there some other part if it I am missing? It seems as though they should all be the same length if my numbers are identical, but they obviously are not.

Also, a precision port ordered from PE is 17" in length with adding the flares and not cutting anything, correct?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.