Port help on box design for ext cab truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

hunter121
10+ year member

Dude...I'm searching!
Hey guys, I have finaly decided that I would build my self a ported box for my Arsenal 10 and get rid of the prefab sealed box. I basicly will be useing the old box as a guide to get the right dimensions to fit under the seat and will be extending it out further for the extra room for volume and the port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

Going off of old AA specs, I need 1.2cuft volume after all displacement and tuned to 35hz.

I basicly came up with 18"W x 22"D x 6.5"H1 x 9"H2 --- This is the actual box and does not include the 'doglegs' that will keep the downfireing sub off the ground.

Useing 3/4 mdf this should give me 1.22cuft +/- . I plan on putting the port in side ways ( width wise = 18inchs) so I have some room for depth. I will be useing a round port.

Useing a calculator online, it says a 3inch port 10.76 in long will be 35hz in a 1.2 box. Is this correct?

Does this sound right for the port?

Thanks guys for the help, I am looking forward to getting that Arsenal ported.

Hunter121

Edited to add:

Just put in a order from Partsexpress for a 3in port kit and a terminal. Going to go to the local hardware store and pick up a sheet of 3/4MDF for $15.

That sounds right for the port length.

Just make sure you have the right clearance at the end of the port and you should be fine.

I should have about 5.75inches from where the port will stop to where the other side of the box will be so I should be good on the clearance. I just got the MDF 3/4 and two tubes of liquid nail.

Thanks for the reply by the way, this will be my first box and I want it to come out right and sounding good. I am also planing on doing some research on the Arsenal to see if it might be better off around the low 30's instead of at 35hz.

Hunter121

Well I made some adjustmants to the specs, final specs are :

22"L x 20"W x 6.5" D1 x 9" D2 with a 1.5" riser in the rear and a 2" riser up front:D.

Here's a comparison picture with the old sealed box. The extended part that you see is where the port will go.

Arsenal 10 standing by:D.

As you can see from the pictures I went at building the box a little different but it should work out pretty good. I am kinda worried about the port being so close to 3 walls and the sub but it will have to work.

Mid next week I should get the rest of the stuff to finish up the box, I will post pictures when shes done and how it worked out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.