Port area for an Omega15

1ndatrunk
10+ year member

Can I live?
Close
I have an Omega 15 on the way and was wondering how much port area I would need for a loud daily setup. The enclosure will be sub/port back in a trunk, 3.9cuft@32hz, and on 2000watts until I get some cash for a GP3000 or SAZ3000. How much port area is too much? I was aiming for 80-100sqin. Would that be too much, or not enough?

depends on if its a sqaure or aeroport... if sqaure then do about 70 sq inches... and that cubic ft is after displacement right.? i would give that sub 4 cubes after displacement.

depends on if its a sqaure or aeroport... if sqaure then do about 70 sq inches... and that cubic ft is after displacement right.? i would give that sub 4 cubes after displacement.
It was 3.9 before sub, but after port, so around 3.6-3.7 net. Terra told me to go about 3.25 with 35hz tuning, so I'll try that out. I may tune a little lower though like originally planned since I like extra low music:). I may do sub back/port side using 2-4"aeros, but I'm not sure how to calculate port area with round ones

you need to just install something....then try new things....you are all over the place with what you wanna do in ur car.
The money has been sent for the sub, so its all or nothing with the Omega. I decided to stay with single sub setups, but this time I wanted to keep my trunk. I actually have had 4 different sizes & combos of subs in my car in the last 3 weeks to get a feel of multiple subs, but in the end I like running just a single. I had to decide on something because after this sub purchase, its over for caraudio equip, time for paint and body:D. Had to find something that would satisfy me for a while

It was 3.9 before sub, but after port, so around 3.6-3.7 net. Terra told me to go about 3.25 with 35hz tuning, so I'll try that out. I may tune a little lower though like originally planned since I like extra low music:). I may do sub back/port side using 2-4"aeros, but I'm not sure how to calculate port area with round ones
multiply the radius by the radius then 3.14 (r x r x 3.14) then multiply by how many ports, then divide by how many cube feet the box is. number should be between 12 and 20, 16 being the sweet spot

two 4" aroes would give you 6.28 square inches per cubic foot, not enough

three 6" areos would better for a 15"

then just use the psp lenght calculator to find out how long it needs to be for the tuning you want...

two 4" aroes would give you 6.28 square inches per cubic foot, not enoughthree 6" areos would better for a 15"

then just use the psp lenght calculator to find out how long it needs to be for the tuning you want...
I'm just gonna go slot, really no reason not to. I have plenty of space, I just wanted to try port to the side this time maybe

two 4" aroes would give you 6.28 square inches per cubic foot, not enoughthree 6" areos would better for a 15"

3 6" would be way too much. 1 6" would be plenty

yea i dont know what that dude was saying ^^^ 1 6" aero is plenty but you said your doing slot anyways so make sure however many cubic ft you have multiply that by16 and thats how much sq inch of port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.