POrt area for 4 SA-8's ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bama Shadow
10+ year member

Alabama
I am thinking of trying 4 SA-8's but I'm not sure I have enough room for the port. My opening is 38x11 and subs and port will both be there, facing foward. This would leave me with 40-45 sq in or port area for the 2.4 cu ft enclosure after displacement/port. Power will be 2000 watts RMS. Will this be enough port area tuned to 33hz ?

That should work out ok, albeit a little on the small side considering the fact that you have four SA-8's. I don't know if you did it this way, but if you stagger the subs you can get some more room for the port on one side.

Putting the port to one side and staggering the subs will give you that little extra space for some more port. The SA-8 is a pretty capable woofer to be using in .6ft^3, so the usual "12-16in^2 per ft^3" isn't really applicable in this case. I like to use about 12-15in^2 per SA-8, if possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.