popping

Participant count
  • Participant list

bdavies11
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
I have 2 new 6.5's in my door panels but the right front speaker starts popping pretty heavily if i turn the volume up to about 60% or beyond. I'm fairly certain theres nothing wrong with the speaker because its brand new but mainly because i had the same exact problem with the stock right front speaker. I can max out the volume on all the other speakers with virtually no distortion or "popping" at all. My HU is a Pioneer DEH-P6700mp. Can anyone tell me what my problem might be and how i should go about fixing it?

Are you using the HU's internal amplifier, or an external amplifier?

If you are using the HU's internal amplifier, swap the speakers (put the left speaker in the right side, and the right speaker in the left side) and turn up the volume. If the "popping" stays constant on the right front side, I'd suspect a problem internally with your headunit. If the popping goes to the left side, then it's the speaker.

If you are using RCA's and an external amplifier, then just swap the RCA cables to the opposite channel.

Normally I'd say you are just overdriving the speaker.....but if the other speakers are fine and it's only one that does the popping sound, then it may be faulty equipment somewhere.

Im using the HU's amplifier but like i said i had the exact same problem with my stock speakers in that only the right front would pop and i was running the stock monsoon head unit at the time as well. Im woundering if there is a problem with the wires them selves that run to that right front speaker. Could that be a possibility? I will try what u said about switching the speakers but i have a gut feeling that the right front will still pop given that it was popping even b4 i replaced the monsoon head unit and speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.