Poppers?

BDIDDY
10+ year member

Sittin' Slick
Tennessee
I looked on Autoloc.com and couldnt really find anything, but to tell you the truth I dont know what I am looking for. I was a popper for the trunk because I am gonna shave my trunk key because of thefts. Also is there a popper for the hood also.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

could you explain what a solenoid is? If that is basically a hydralic rod or pnuematic rod I dont want it.

what you're talking about might be actuators. I'm not sure if solenoids work the same way (after all, it STILL has to have a rod fo some sort to lock the car)

Originally posted by paikiah what you're talking about might be actuators. I'm not sure if solenoids work the same way (after all, it STILL has to have a rod fo some sort to lock the car)

Maybe I dont know much about them. I was talking about the ones on monster garage that they use to open doors. The big rod that pushes the lambourgini doors up on that tahoe made into a wedding chapel:D

those on monster garage are actuators. they have a steap price to them....... if knowing what to do with them they are really kool..... the popper is a solenoid, mostly used on shaved door handles in which it will pop the door open. now on trunks and hoods dont know how well it would work. thanks to gravity

well for shaving door handles and such all u need is the solinoid that opens the door like on the inside its the same one attached to your handle and pulls it open......

then your doors would have a pin that is spring loaded when u closed the door.........so when u push the button the solinoid opens the handle and the tension on the spring pops the door open...........its very simple after u think about it and research a bit........i just did it to my car sooo i know what it works //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

k everyone. wut ur thinkin of is linear actuators, if you want excellent quality go to dakotadigital.com and email scott johnson. i guarentee he will solve all yiour popper and actuator probs, they come with 250lb lift power in strokes from 4,6,8,10,12,14 inch.

theres a ton of great stuff you can do with custom **** like that

have fun

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BDIDDY

10+ year member
Sittin' Slick
BDIDDY
Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date