**** Poor Radio Reception. Go aftermarket?? Test something??

CoilBurner

Banned
Waco
No matter how many head units Ive had in this car, Ive never had good radio reception, never perfectly clear like it is in other "stock" cars. I always chaulked it up to chitty installation or aftermarket head units having bad reception or something. But mine *****

Is there a test you can do to figure out where the problem is or something??

Or is there an aftermarket route that can be direct wired or something?? Also, if there is an aftermarket good option. would it connect straight from the back of the headunit, directly to the aftermarket unit?

Im going on a 3 week camping trip soon and radio is a muuuuuuust.

Appreciate the help and options!!!

I do have a few amps in the trunk, antenna is a motorized one, and is located on the passenger fender.

The car is a 2001 Inifiniti Qx4 suv

Id really just like to get nice reception, I dont live in a big city, but every other stock car Ive been in gets stations in perfectly clear that I cant even listen to because there so staticky

Which passenger fender, front or rear?

I have an amp mounted in my trunk near where the antenna mounts and I get bad radio reception when the amp is on. Removing the remote wire to the amp (so it stays off) causing my reception to improve. Just a thought, it's worth the 5 minutes it takes to test it.

most nissans have whats called diversity amtennas...which means two antennas and require a special adapter to hook up both...a lot of shops will cut corners and plug in half of the nissan diversity system to your deck because one half is a standard motorolla jack....so you may just need a standard nissan antenna adapter to get your system working properly

The antenna is on the front fender

I do have an aftermarket deck on the car, and the plug that comes from behind the dash for the antenna is only one plug, maybe it is cut behind??

I bought the car with a factory deck, and never cut anything myself, but I dont think I had the oem deck in there 2 days before I ripped it out so I have nothing to compare to

I definetely only have on plug going into my pioneer headunit though

The car did have some factory audio bose/amps ****. But I just installed my own amps and wiring...

Hope I didnt bypass or mess anything up

I just want clear radio!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Thanks alot for your quick help guys

The antenna is on the front fender
I do have an aftermarket deck on the car, and the plug that comes from behind the dash for the antenna is only one plug, maybe it is cut behind??

I bought the car with a factory deck, and never cut anything myself, but I dont think I had the oem deck in there 2 days before I ripped it out so I have nothing to compare to

I definetely only have on plug going into my pioneer headunit though

The car did have some factory audio bose/amps ****. But I just installed my own amps and wiring...

Hope I didnt bypass or mess anything up

I just want clear radio!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Thanks alot for your quick help guys
Nevermind my suggestion then :p

I did pull the deck out and it looks like there was at one time 2 plugs and one was cut and only one plugged in.

Im more looking for something that I can buy, like you buy a shark antenna or something, and just run it to the back of the headunit

Maybe even a unit that can be mounted inside the car so I dont have to drill any holes

Just looking for options.

Im not a big an of the big ugly motorized antenna on this car anyways

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.