Polk DB651's on a 4 chan too loud??

microhaxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MINNESOTA
This is going to sound crazy but, i bought all new speakers for my new car, installed them and decided to go with a 4 channel instead of deck power. I bought an MBQuart ONYX 60.4 and i began to tune the amp. The speakers i have are rated at 60w RMS for the fronts and the backs are rated for 50w rms each.

With the deck completely flat, I am not kidding when I say that I couldn't turn the amp past 7.8 volts..

For those who dont know, that is 15.21 watts RMS to each speaker.

THE VOCALS WERE EAR BLOWING

How in the HELL could you ever even get close to 60w RMS let alone 25?????

That being said, the mid bass from the 4 channel was much weaker than when when using the deck. I was completely surprised by that.

This is going to sound crazy but, i bought all new speakers for my new car, installed them and decided to go with a 4 channel instead of deck power. I bought an MBQuart ONYX 60.4 and i began to tune the amp. The speakers i have are rated at 60w RMS for the fronts and the backs are rated for 50w rms each.
With the deck completely flat, I am not kidding when I say that I couldn't turn the amp past 7.8 volts..

For those who dont know, that is 15.21 watts RMS to each speaker.

THE VOCALS WERE EAR BLOWING

How in the HELL could you ever even get close to 60w RMS let alone 25?????

That being said, the mid bass from the 4 channel was much weaker than when when using the deck. I was completely surprised by that.
it's called an EQ, man

check the HPF on the amp, that could be blocking your midbass, not that those mids will give you much.

x10 on your definition of loud as I run a few thousand watts on my front stage...

I have the volume at a great level, i just have zero mid bass. I have a sub that can fill in the lows but the mids are pretty much non existent.

guess so, i expected the 4 channel to push them more than my deck thus making more midbass, the deck actually made twice as much flat. IDK..

They sound good so i'll live with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

microhaxo

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
microhaxo
MINNESOTA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date