plugging a laptop or other computer into the head unit

Stealth
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
anyone know of someone that's done this? i couldn't find anything really useful, if anyone knows another thread, or a website where someone hooked their laptop or desktop into their head unit, to play MP3s from their computer out their speakers, i'd appreciate it if they could show me

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've done it. I have aux in's on my head unit. I just bought a headphone plug to rca adapter at Radioshack(where you got questions and they never have answers). I used my laptop. But keep it as far away from speakers as possible as magnetic fields will ruin a harddrive in a computer.

i've got my computer hooked up to my stereo in my room, it should be the same principle.

you need to get a RCA cable that can plug into your headphone jack on your laptop. as long as you have a head unit with an auxilary input, you can just plug it into your headphone jack and then to the back of your head unit.

you might not get the sound quality that you normally would though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Stealth

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Stealth
Texas, USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date