Please opine on my planned system

Ligament

?
Hi all,

Tell me what you think of the system I am preparing to install. Some items I already have in hand, some I plan to order soon unless you make a strong argument otherwise.

Car: '95 VW Jetta GLS

HU: Rockford Fosgate "Platinum 2000" 8250 (own it)

MP3 Player: Rio Karma, RCA line in to the 8250

Front amp: PPI PC2100 (the grey painted model from 1998) 2x100W (own it)

Front stage: Koda 6.1 components (do not own yet)

Sub Amp: PPI PC2150 bridged to 600W mono (own it)

Sub: Adire Brahma 12" MK2 (do not own yet)

Sub box: Subzero ABS121 (own it)

I listen to disco, techno, house, soul jazz, norwegian/swede black core metal. Very little classical in the car.

I want to install in the door panels and have a "stealth" install to prevent theft.

I do not plan to compete. I want SQ above all. SPL is not a priority. I want warm mids, tight not fat bass, and smooth highs.

I have been thinking of a DIY component set up front and am open to suggestions. In my former life I was a sound engineer so am open to tweeking things.

Thanks guys, I respect the opinions here on ECA!

Ligament

Build your own box............

That headunit is super nice, I was told that it doesnt have a non-fading rear though, what are you doing as far as a crossover? The Brahma doesnt necessarily need more, but run more than 600w's to it. Otherwise nice choices.

Hi all,
Tell me what you think of the system I am preparing to install. Some items I already have in hand, some I plan to order soon unless you make a strong argument otherwise.

Car: '95 VW Jetta GLS

HU: Rockford Fosgate "Platinum 2000" 8250 (own it)

MP3 Player: Rio Karma, RCA line in to the 8250

Front amp: PPI PC2100 (the grey painted model from 1998) 2x100W (own it)

Front stage: Koda 6.1 components (do not own yet)

Sub Amp: PPI PC2150 bridged to 600W mono (own it)

Sub: Adire Brahma 12" MK2 (do not own yet)

Sub box: Subzero ABS121 (own it)

I listen to disco, techno, house, soul jazz, norwegian/swede black core metal. Very little classical in the car.

I want to install in the door panels and have a "stealth" install to prevent theft.

I do not plan to compete. I want SQ above all. SPL is not a priority. I want warm mids, tight not fat bass, and smooth highs.

I have been thinking of a DIY component set up front and am open to suggestions. In my former life I was a sound engineer so am open to tweeking things.

Thanks guys, I respect the opinions here on ECA!

Ligament
I think 2 10" instead of a 12" would be a better choice for the type of music you are listening to. You would benifit from the faster more accurate (tighter) base a 10" would give you for electronica music.

That's not true. A properly designed 12, 15, 18 or anything bigger can give you that same response.
BTW, you spelled "BASS" wrong!')
yikes, so I did!

You can get the same response from properly designed 12, 15 or 18 - but not quite the same tightness a 10" delivers.

actually, I have not yet installed my 8250. The construction seems excellent with solid aluminum faceplate, copper chassis, and high quality RCAs w/ metal terminations. best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.