Please help !!!!

Orionslave
10+ year member

OK to start I have 2 orion 275 xtr's and I just purchased 2 audiobahn 1208T's duel 2OHM voice coils. I am planning on running 1 orions amp to each sub. Can anyone give me the proper wireing ? I do not know if the amps are stable to .5 OHM's or not and if they are not then how would you wire 1 amp to 1 sub?

If any other information is needed to help you answer PLEASE POST

Those amps are 2 ohm stereo and 4 ohm mono stable. Great amps, too.

You will need to run a wire from the pos terminal of the amps left channel to the pos terminal of one of the coils on the sub. Run another wire from that coil's neg terminal to the pos terminal of that sub's other coil. Finally run a wire from that coil's neg terminal to the amps neg on the right channel. Do that for each sub amp combo. That will give you a 4 ohm bridged load and at least 300W to each sub.

They are under rated and will put out more than their rated 300 watts when bridged, but you can't drop the impedance on them or anything crazy like that to get more power out of them. They are old school amps made for running high freq speakers or a small sub. The 2150 and the HCCA series were meant for subs at higher power levels.

Which series amps are they? Do they have the removable plate on the top with the filter cards underneath?

i just got them a couple of weeks ago i was hoping i could use them 1 per sub on my adiobahn 12" but teh subs are 3000w RMS with duel 2 ohm coils

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.