PLease help, designing box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Snapnakk
10+ year member

MN
I need some help figuring how big to make the box. It cant be bigger than 14 high, 10 high and depth doesnt matter. It is for a kicker comp vr8, its 400w 200rms and will be pushing it with 200rms from a pioneer amp. Im goin to put the vent on the side either over or under the sub and i want it facing into the car. There will be two, one on each side. I made a pic but couldnt get it to load.

So what should the depth be and the side and length of the port. I tried it with winISD but couldnt figure it out. If you need the tech info i can post it or its at kickers site.

Please help thanks erik

I got the specs of that sub sitting right here in front of me, but I have a few questions, You are running two subs right? and if so do you want one box or two seperate boxes. And what kinda car is this goin in. And anymore info would be helpful. OH and also you have 14 h max and 10 h max and your trying to figure Depth which one is the height 14 or 10? check out this website it might help.. http://www.subzoneusa.com/kicker_vr.htm Any more Questions Hit me back..

I want to do it in two sperate boxes. It is goin to the truck of a 2001 mustang so thats why i only have so much space to work with. The height is 14" max and the width is 10'' or so, cuz im puttin an L5 between them. I just dont know quite how to tune it or get the right depth and the size and length of the vent. thanks erik

OK I think I gotcha, I just sold a mustang just like yours and I had to comp vr 12" and I loved it, But let me ask you a question. Is there any paticular reason you want a vented box and is there a paticular reason you want them to face tawards the front. Cause in my car I faced my subs both ways and it hit alot harder facing back taward the trunk, .and also what size L5 are you goin to use and have you got a box for that.

I was thinking vented to get a little more out of them but would a sealed be better for them. Im was only doing facing forward for looks. so if it does make a big difference i will spin them to face the trunk. I dont have the box yet for the 12" L5 yet but was gonna do sealed but maybe i should be making that one a vented and the 8s sealed. erik

Well I would face them back if I was you. But I would probly vent the 8's. I know you only have 14 height to work with how mcuh with do you have to play with (across the whole trunk)?

well i have 40 to 44 inches to work with so i could make them a little wider now that im not putting them in the opening so i have more leway. So what would be the best dementions and what about building the vent. thanks erik

OK let me get this str8 you are goin all ported right? two 8's and one L5 12. you want the L5 in the middle of two 8's and on the L5 you want the port above the speaker or below, and the ports on the 8's on the sides. Is that right? Hit me back

No actually it was the oppsite of that. The port on the side of the L5 and the top or bottom of the vr8's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thanks erik

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.