Please help an old fart out..Best sounding head unit is???

what I meant about total control of your sound..... some HU have a basic 3 band equalizer and some get more in depth, for example back in 2003 I had the Kenwood KDC-X969 which allowed you to control the Q factor of the sound to achieve the perfect sound for your car, what I am asking is, how much control do you want of the sound, do you want just the basic Treble/MID/Bass controls or are you needing more? for example this is what my old Kenwood deck would allow you to control.....

" In addition, you may store your own settings under the "User Memory" EQ curve. Each preset has its own bass center frequency, bass level, bass Q factor, bass extension, middle center frequency, middle level, middle Q factor, treble center frequency, and treble level settings. You may adjust the bass center frequency (60, 70, 80, 100 or 150Hz), bass level (-8 to +8), bass Q factor (1.00, 1.25, 1.50 or 2.00), bass extension (On or Off), middle center frequency (0.5, 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0kHz), middle level (-8 to +8), middle Q factor (1.0 or 2.0), treble center frequency (10.0, 12.5, 15.0 or 17.5kHz), and treble level (-8 to +8). "

So you would like an IPOD device to be an option, how about HD radio. I have HD radio and I will not listen to regular FM anymore, the sound is just that great especially since the SAT companies are going with more content vs better quality. I am not trying to push HD radio, just giving you an idea on what is out there. Also there are a couple of HU on the market that read DVD-R's which will allow you to put 4.7 GB of mp3/wma on a single disk.
I cant stand TOO many adjustments,Hell alot of times I can barely tell any change in sound when adjusting Q factor .Ive had that option on other decks ive owned and never really understood the purpose of this feature.But if those particular options are essential in creating clear crisp and balanced sound,then by all means...i will take it.I was thinking of Alpine,but havent researched any specs on any particular model.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.