Please explain this.

xantiksx

Recently bought a Honda Odyssey with a broken stock deck. I replaced it with a Kenwood deck only to realize that i get no power from the cable leading to the ignition but i do from the constant.... i dont have the resources to look for the fault in the wire so as a quick fix i threw a switch leading from the constant to the ignition cable on the deck figured that would solve the problem. Well i went to the van this morning and the batteries dead i dont understand how if the switch was off and the face plate was off. I know the battery needed replacing anyways but wondering if I do replace the battery will this happen again?

Well i disconnected the ignition wire this morning when i realized the battery was dead and left the constant on and now the battery is even more dead.... this morning when i opened the door and turned the key some of the dash lights came on but i checked after posting the thread and now nothing works.

when i replaced my stock deck it had only 2 constant wires, no remote for when the key is forward or backward. i guess the factory deck had a way of doing it all so it doesnt drain the battery.

so i found a spot in the relay box that only came on when the key was back and just ran a small wire from it through to the HU, that easy. not sure if thats what u have going on, didnt really read ur post all the way sorry

when i replaced my stock deck it had only 2 constant wires, no remote for when the key is forward or backward. i guess the factory deck had a way of doing it all so it doesnt drain the battery.
so i found a spot in the relay box that only came on when the key was back and just ran a small wire from it through to the HU, that easy. not sure if thats what u have going on, didnt really read ur post all the way sorry
I'd guess that the case. I know my stock radio communicated with the BCM in order to switch on/off. When I swapped decks, I had two options. Run my own switched power source, or get the more expensive harness(which also had the chime module), that created it's own switched power to make it plug-n-play.

However I still think something else is wrong as well if it caused the batt to drain while faceplate was off.

Ok so stock deck had 2 harnesses attached to it when i bought a harness for my model an year its a single harness so i have this extra cluster of wires that were once connected to my stereo just sitting back in there maybe has to do with that?

there is a backup 7.5amp fuse at the underhood fuse box. That fuse is likely blown in fact I can almost guarantee that replace that fuse problem solved. The battery dying could be completely unrelated if you verified the HU was not pulling any current.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.