Pleaaze dont IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!

nedvedkornkid

LA
can somone please help me?

i got an off brand sub-hollywood

off brand amp- koiiler

and i am selling to my friend for 60 bucks.

i need to uninstall all the wiring at the stereo shop tommorow.

ok here is where the problem comes in.

my sub just stopped working. and he will check if it is poped tommorow. if it isnt i want to get the same sub cuz warranty. then i want to uninstall the amp and wiring and sub. when my sub stoped to i wanted to hear the stock speakers again. so i turned it up a little as i turned the bass up a little i heard a weak bass sound from the rear speakers.kinda like a crappy speaker. it doesnt really sound like its poped that much. is it cuz its poped? or is it becuase they might of done somthing with the wiring or somthing or amp? if it is poped and i uninstall the wiring will the dealership know that i ever installed the sub? if they do know does that void the warranty? pleaze if u dont know give me your opinio on what i should do.

i am going to buy some good stuff. a guy told me not to get this off brand stuff. i should get some good stuff for a good car he said.

witch is what i will start to save up for know.

thanx

cuz i just want to start all over from the stock.

I don't fully understand your set up but if you didn't run your factory speakers off of the amp they shouldn't be blown. Your sub shouldn't be blown either in my opinion. Did you check to make sure that no wires are touching whether it be in the sub box, from the hu, at the factory speakers, or at the amp? A person well known to the audio world WOULD be able to tell if you overpowered the speakers but I don't know how knowledgeable the dealer you bought from is on the topic but it wouldn't hurt to try to see if it is covered under warranty. Good luck.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

The warranty for the install would be void if you disturbed any part of the wiring, sub or amp. this just means that the installer may not be responsible for any problems that is related to the install. If you had a warranty on the sub itself, that would still be honored as long as the company that made the sub doesn't require professional installation in order for the warranty to be valid. With Hollywood products, I doubt that is the case.

like the Gator guy said, unless your stock speakers are running off of an amp other than the head unit there should not be a problem there. If your stock speakers are not working I would blame the HU. If you are having problems with your amp, speakers and HU then it is possible that you have an electrical problem, like an alternator on it's last leg or a dying battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nedvedkornkid

nedvedkornkid
LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ChopShop Racing