planet audio bb1250.1 or bb2400.1 which should I keep

Participant count
  • Participant list

eightiesbaby

Which should I keep I'm having a hard time deciding

I have a 1st gen bb1250.1 Korean parts USA assembled

this one is a beast it's rated at 1250 at 1 ohm but those of you that are not familiar with amp it's greatly underrated and does over rated RMS and the board on here is shared with other great brands of it's time just recently I've spotted these on Amazon listed over $600 it seems as though the value of it goes up with time

The other amp is the 2nd gen bb series bb2400.1 made in Korea this amp is no slouch it is know to doing close to rated at 14 volts average is 21-2200 watts and at 13 volts around 1800 watts these retail used on average 250-350 which is still amazes me that this amp had been out of production for done time and used still retails for the price it was new nearly 10 years ago

One has to go both have plenty enough clean power to push most subs you put them on please help me decide which one I should hold on to

I'm not selling both only one and you are so wrong I've seen the bb1250.1 sell on eBay for $500 already and I've seen the smaller version the bb350.1 go for $350 on eBay the 1250.1 is a quality amp and will punish most new amps made today and I see your not very experienced with vintage car audio people hear planet audio and think of trash and I must admit anything after the bb2 series is trash but and bb1 series and older or pure quality planet audio was once a quality audio producer that sold out just many other companies did to cut cost

Or sell both and get something better... that could be an option as well.
Also nobody is buying that amp for $600 imo

I'm not selling both only one and you are so wrong I've seen the bb1250.1 sell on eBay for $500 already and I've seen the smaller version the bb350.1 go for $350 on eBay the 1250.1 is a quality amp and will punish most new amps made today and I see your not very experienced with vintage car audio people hear planet audio and think of trash and I must admit anything after the bb2 series is trash but and bb1 series and older or pure quality planet audio was once a quality audio producer that sold out just many other companies did to cut cost
I own two Bb 2400.1's, the old models.

Own a Coustic 510DR, and 514 DR

Orion 225R

RF 600A4

etc

I'm very familiar with these amps. I've sold a 1250.1 for under 200 before.

These aren't THAT great of amps. They are decent for what they are and they wouldn't punish most newer amps either.

I love the first gen big bang amps but I'm not going to sit here and think they are gold when they aren't, they are decent old school amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

eightiesbaby

eightiesbaby
Lafayette la
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date