Planet audio AC5000.1D Actually a pretty great value!

Just out of curiosity what would you say out ranks it? Bang for buck wise?
For around $150

PPI P1000 and it's sister amps (Soundstream TN1.1200 etc..)

Skar RP1500 (Granted they are $179 at the moment but they fluctuate down at times...)

Rockville DB15

Soundstream AR8000.1D (Most power at $150 by far)

PPI Black Ice 2600

Soundstream Picasso 3500

Audiopipe APCL-1500

Audiopipe APMI-1500

Hell I just picked up a refurb Skar RP2000.1D (That FINALLY CAME IN!) and it looks like new unlike BigD's and I paid $179 for that..

Or if I could stretch just $29 more I would get the JBL GTR1001 - which will do almost 1600 Dynamic and is the best built of any of these amps.

It's a buyers market if you know what to look for........ And happen to watch a YouTube channel dedicated to Budget Amps.. (Second Shameless plug of this post).

If I only have $150 to spend I’d rather have a better built 500 watt amp then a grossly inefficient 1k that needs an alternator to get that 1k out of it.

Be honest, if you only got $150 to spend you don’t have $500 for an alternator.

Yes and yes. As I mentioned those numbers are likely into clipping I was just surprised it made even the power it did. Expectations upon purchase were very low lol
any junk amp will make massive power numbers when clipped to hell for a peak hold clamp. This is why clamps with no oscope are useless.

For around $150PPI P1000 and it's sister amps (Soundstream TN1.1200 etc..)

Skar RP1500 (Granted they are $179 at the moment but they fluctuate down at times...)

Rockville DB15

Soundstream AR8000.1D (Most power at $150 by far)

PPI Black Ice 2600

Soundstream Picasso 3500

Audiopipe APCL-1500

Audiopipe APMI-1500

Hell I just picked up a refurb Skar RP2000.1D (That FINALLY CAME IN!) and it looks like new unlike BigD's and I paid $179 for that..

Or if I could stretch just $29 more I would get the JBL GTR1001 - which will do almost 1600 Dynamic and is the best built of any of these amps.

It's a buyers market if you know what to look for........ And happen to watch a YouTube channel dedicated to Budget Amps.. (Second Shameless plug of this post).
What YouTube channel? And wow that’s quite the list! I’m definitely not up to date with a lot of what’s out there I guess. I know the RP series is alright. It’s the same as the APMI and the shark as far as I’m aware though. The sharks were a steal back in the day for $100-140 depending on when purchased.

What YouTube channel? And wow that’s quite the list! I’m definitely not up to date with a lot of what’s out there I guess. I know the RP series is alright. It’s the same as the APMI and the shark as far as I’m aware though. The sharks were a steal back in the day for $100-140 depending on when purchased.
this u tube channel i showed u like twice i think https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos?disable_polymer=1

Okay didn't catch it before will have to check some of those out, I watch a lot of BigDwiz I think he's great
he is but he does alot of old amps.. subscribe to ryans page channel.. ryan (bigblank) does new amps most are 2k or less so lower priced., he got the dual amp on amazon for like $87 tested like 1600rms as soon as he bought it like in mins price went to $200 lol.. anyway he test amps peeps here wonder about and we find out that like the american bass amps are same as skar amp guts etc.. your pa is a good deal if it does say 1400rms it's great price (cheaper than my amp) if it's kinda clean and last u 2 yrs but i doubt either well be true.. i have a autotek 1600 over here in box practically new remote works better than ever seen but it's like 350rms, was in my car 3 months or so just wish i had spent twice the $ got amp i have now then and even if i upgrade ata least id have decent back up or something easy to sell no one wants used pa, at, boss or hifonics amps so it's $ u don't get any $ back on.. u probably have to sell that for $50 so hopefully u keep efficient subs that the pa will push good and maybe u can keep it yr or 2 get your $ out of it.. but the word is orion coming out with nicer low cost amp this yr so u probably want to switch for it or something else and the pa be sitting in closet..

he is but he does alot of old amps.. subscribe to ryans page channel.. ryan (bigblank) does new amps most are 2k or less so lower priced., he got the dual amp on amazon for like $87 tested like 1600rms as soon as he bought it like in mins price went to $200 lol.. anyway he test amps peeps here wonder about and we find out that like the american bass amps are same as skar amp guts etc.. your pa is a good deal if it does say 1400rms it's great price (cheaper than my amp) if it's kinda clean and last u 2 yrs but i doubt either well be true.. i have a autotek 1600 over here in box practically new remote works better than ever seen but it's like 350rms, was in my car 3 months or so just wish i had spent twice the $ got amp i have now then and even if i upgrade ata least id have decent back up or something easy to sell no one wants used pa, at, boss or hifonics amps so it's $ u don't get any $ back on.. u probably have to sell that for $50 so hopefully u keep efficient subs that the pa will push good and maybe u can keep it yr or 2 get your $ out of it.. but the word is orion coming out with nicer low cost amp this yr so u probably want to switch for it or something else and the pa be sitting in closet..
The planet audio was just purchased for my daily (I have a walled cavalier on about 7k as well) but it has definitely given me its money’s worth in my opinion, however even the daily has now outgrown it lol. I did just pick up a stetsom 3k to play with in the daily now though but that’s beside the point. It’s only purpose for me was to push my Fi BL 15 until I got bored with the setup and it bottomed that sub out no problem.

The planet audio was just purchased for my daily (I have a walled cavalier on about 7k as well) but it has definitely given me its money’s worth in my opinion, however even the daily has now outgrown it lol. I did just pick up a stetsom 3k to play with in the daily now though but that’s beside the point. It’s only purpose for me was to push my Fi BL 15 until I got bored with the setup and it bottomed that sub out no problem.
wow pretty good on the fi just keep in mind how silly it is to has pa on a fi lol.. i want a new alpha now that they have options on them

wow pretty good on the fi just keep in mind how silly it is to has pa on a fi lol.. i want a new alpha now that they have options on them
Silly yeah but I bought the BL for $40 from a friend so I just wanted something dirt cheap to make it move and that PA actually was a very good match for it. I don’t know much about Fi’s newer lines

Silly yeah but I bought the BL for $40 from a friend so I just wanted something dirt cheap to make it move and that PA actually was a very good match for it. I don’t know much about Fi’s newer lines
wow what a deal!! wish i had friend like yours.. i'd be happy to find a new model alpha with dual spiders for $100 in few months

wow what a deal!! wish i had friend like yours.. i'd be happy to find a new model alpha with dual spiders for $100 in few months
Just looked those up those are just little guys! I’m sure they’ll be around pretty cheap soon if everyone doesn’t blow them lol

Just looked those up those are just little guys! I’m sure they’ll be around pretty cheap soon if everyone doesn’t blow them lol
it has the bp option raises rms up like 500 rms over last yrs model

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

familyguy9877
Beaver Dam, WI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date