Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS vs DEH-80PRS

Participant count
  • Participant list
What else will you run in your sound system? The 80PRS is for the person who wants to run an "active" speaker system. Otherwise you might as well get the 9500BHS.

80PRS has several adjustments to tune the sound that you don't get on other Pioneer head units besides the P99RS. Compare these two units on Crutchfield.com to see the difference of features.
Do the differences matter? Like, is one geared for one sound preference over the other?

The 80PRS includes time alignment and active-capable crossovers as well as an auto-calibration mic to get you on the right track. I'd just recommend the 80PRS so you won't feel the need to upgrade later unless you never intend to use its features. I've heard quite a few complaints about the user interface on it, though, so if you're looking for easy operation, look at the other one.

Do the differences matter? Like, is one geared for one sound preference over the other?
The 80PRS is for audiophiles, basically. Straight out of the box it might not sound a whole lot different from the X9500BHS, but it has tools to drastically alter the sound if you know what you're doing.

The 80PRS includes time alignment and active-capable crossovers as well as an auto-calibration mic to get you on the right track. I'd just recommend the 80PRS so you won't feel the need to upgrade later unless you never intend to use its features. I've heard quite a few complaints about the user interface on it, though, so if you're looking for easy operation, look at the other one.
A lot of Pioneers have a confusing user interface, I know from personal experience with a few. But all it takes is a bit of time to get it down. If the price on the 80prs wasn't so high, I'd definitely get it. But you get what you pay for, eh?

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

The 80PRS is for audiophiles, basically. Straight out of the box it might not sound a whole lot different from the X9500BHS, but it has tools to drastically alter the sound if you know what you're doing.
so the 9500BHS doesn't have as many tools?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gozaine

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
gozaine
LARA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date