Pioneer DEH-P80MP

Participant count
  • Participant list

bembol
10+ year member

Toronto RSX Club
This is my first time writing a review. Here it goes...

Pioneer DEH-P80MP MP3/WMA Receiver

After dealing with this Mobile/12-Volt System on my previous ride, I just wanted to concentrate on Performance on my '02 Acura RSX. That changed when I saw Pioneer's new DEH-P80MP about a month ago while browsing at Best Buy. If you take a look at my sig, you'll see what I mean.

This receiver looks like it was designed for BMW 5-Series/Audio RS4, it just looks completely different. The new Deep Blue OEL display matches the design of the unit, looks amazing at night! Choose 10 of Pioneer's displays or upload/make your own display by downloading the software of their website.

You have the option how to run this unit, 40 or 60 watts x 4. Running it at 60w requires you to run a separate power to the battery (but it can be done by changing the fuse). I'm running it on 60w.

The System EX-EQ can be set automically by using Pioneer's settings...Flat, Super Bass or Powerful (my personal choice), of course you can customize it to your liking. HPF (High Pass Filter), ASL (Auto Sound Leveler) and controls to set your Subwoofer. Other features are Loud (Low, Mid & High), Auto Dimmer, Ever Scroll (MP3 Text).

Like BMW iDrive, you'll have to use Pioneer's new Multi/Rotary Control to access the Audio, Function and even your Radio pre-sets. I recommend using the Wireless Control, I find it easier plus keeps the (detachable) Face Plate/display clean. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

bembol

10+ year member
Toronto RSX Club
bembol
gta | brampton
Start date
Participants
Who Replied