Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT

Participant count
  • Participant list

gmctrucks
10+ year member

Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT

My brother install this HU in his car and he's having problems with it the GPS isn't as good as his small Garmin he has the screen says he's there and it's off meaning the location isn't working correct.

I did some searching on the internet and many of people say one just has to live with it.

Same here mine worked great when I was using it. Maybe his GPS receiver/antenna(The little black box with a wire that connects to the HU) Is too close to the HU or is getting a bad signal somehow. Its best to put them outside the vehicle >2ft from the HU

Try a Firmware update..

AVIC-Z120BT - Flagship In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback, Built-In Bluetooth and 7" Widescreen Display | Pioneer Electronics USA

Definately contact Pioneer support and they may be able to find another solution if the firmware update doen't fix it.

My thinking about the GPS built in head units is this. A tomtom XXL 5in is 78$ with lifetime maps. It is going to cost about tripple that to have it built into your head unit (and sometimes doubles the cost of the head unit vs. one without nav), and it can be difficult to find map upgrades. I am about to return a Pioneer AVIS-930BT because it costs >125$ to get just the nav installed, map upgrade services are scarse, and the RCA outputs are only 2V for a head unit thats over 650$... On the other hand having GPS in the dash is very bad ***, so I can totally understand the appeal.

The experts tell me that the low voltage output probably won't decrease the sound quality, but it still makes me angry that Pioneer likes to skimp on units with nav. Although the Z series has nice 4 v RCA's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

Best of luck either way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

gmctrucks

10+ year member
gmctrucks
Houston, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies