Pioneer AVH-X8600BT Loudness option?

yeah no mention of a loudness function in the manual, thats a common feature. weird that its not included on that expensive hu, that *****

Has anyone measured with loudness applied to see the distortion differences? Loudness is supposed to only affect the sound at low volume levels if I remember correctly. On my old alpine you could hear loudness turn off once you hit volume 22ish.

Yeah i can only imagine hehe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I'm sorry but i don't really have an answer to your question about substage(what is it?) and impedance, i don't know that much about these things, but i can tell you what i do have in my car:

- Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X8600BT

- Amplifier: SPL Dynamics S-2604

- Subwoofer: Some JBL 1000w element

- Speakers: originals from car, connected to head unit. There is total 8x speakers in my car that are paired, so basically there is always 2 of them paired together as 1. Oh, and car is Volvo S70 -97.

I did normalize my EQ to flat, also i did place my amp gain to 1/2 , but with that i don't really get that great bass as i want :l

I changed sub phase to reverse, it sounds better than normal atleast in my car.

My amp has HPF set to 30 and LPF set to 100. Also i have LPF in my car set to 100hz for subwoofer.

If there is anything i can tell you feel free to ask =)
your volume needs to be at 80-90% your sub level needs to be maxed out in order to get full pre-out voltage from the head unit. Then reset the gain again. If it stops getting louder as your turn the gain up, then stop you are at clipping/distortion aka the danger zone, back it down a notch.

OK, I don't know what loudness is, but chances are real good it just raises the level of the entire signal. That's more or less the same thing as just turning up your volume. If you've got your EQs all up and bass boost up on your sub amp (which is the same thing as another EQ stage) then you're probably getting very close to max voltage (or possibly over into clipping) even at normal volume levels.

Chances are good that your amp and sub combo is just too weak. I can tell you from personal experience that 300 watts on a sub in the trunk of a sedan isn't loud at all. My set up has 50 x 4 on the door speakers (that's 50 watts per speaker, max) and a 300 watt sub amp couldn't be heard without significant EQ (or bass boost - again, same thing). If you're using all that EQ, that means you can't turn the sub up to whatever voltage level you set the gain at without clipping. 500-550 watts is the magic number for the bass to be heard.

You're just going to have to add some wattage to your system. There's no magic that can make your sub amp put out higher voltage than its maximum, which is probably not really enough to be heard no matter what.

loudness is adjustable to different frequencies on some hu, but mostly its a bass bump at lower volume levels, as you turn up the volume the loudness boost dissipates. i like it for rock, so you can have some thump from drums while not having to have it super loud. adding wattage is not necessary for a scenario like this cause if you set it for nice lowend on older accoustic material then switched to material with synthesized drums it would be super unbalaced loud

Actually the only reason i'm used to loudness is because i have subwoofer (and amplifier for it) in car, and with loudness it's always much louder than without. And the fact that i don't have to turn the volume up too much to hear the subwoofer have been my preference. Currently i have gain almost maxed (4/5) in amplifier, full +10dB subwoofer output level increase and EQ all below 100Hz turned up, and yet i'm struggling with basslines when music is low-ish. As far as i remember it's always been pretty struggle without loudness. Maybe i should just decrease speakers output levels to compensate volume increase :p

And yes, i'm basshead //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
This should ruffle some feathers lol

OK, I don't know what loudness is, but chances are real good it just raises the level of the entire signal. That's more or less the same thing as just turning up your volume. If you've got your EQs all up and bass boost up on your sub amp (which is the same thing as another EQ stage) then you're probably getting very close to max voltage (or possibly over into clipping) even at normal volume levels.
Chances are good that your amp and sub combo is just too weak. I can tell you from personal experience that 300 watts on a sub in the trunk of a sedan isn't loud at all. My set up has 50 x 4 on the door speakers (that's 50 watts per speaker, max) and a 300 watt sub amp couldn't be heard without significant EQ (or bass boost - again, same thing). If you're using all that EQ, that means you can't turn the sub up to whatever voltage level you set the gain at without clipping. 500-550 watts is the magic number for the bass to be heard.

You're just going to have to add some wattage to your system. There's no magic that can make your sub amp put out higher voltage than its maximum, which is probably not really enough to be heard no matter what.
This....is exactly what he needs to hear. Not maxing everything out even bass boost because obviously, what he has isn't enough.

This....is exactly what he needs to hear. Not maxing everything out even bass boost because obviously, what he has isn't enough.
Guys look up his amp it’s a weak sauce rated at 160 puddly wrms and it may not even be making rated power. He needs a new substage amp ASAP.

Guys look up his amp it’s a weak sauce rated at 160 puddly wrms and it may not even be making rated power. He needs a new substage amp ASAP.
https://www.talkstuff.net/index.php/index.html/_/reviews/amplifiers/spl-dynamics-s2604-r308

Yup, did read that part. Must be the amp he has....makes me nervous with brands I'm unfamiliar with because typically they aren't as good as the good brands we all know.

A good 500 rms watt amp should make him happy. Doesn't have to be an expensive one either. Mainstream brand is ok. Or whatever he has in his area/country.

https://www.talkstuff.net/index.php/index.html/_/reviews/amplifiers/spl-dynamics-s2604-r308
Yup, did read that part. Must be the amp he has....makes me nervous with brands I'm unfamiliar with because typically they aren't as good as the good brands we all know.

A good 500 rms watt amp should make him happy. Doesn't have to be an expensive one either. Mainstream brand is ok. Or whatever he has in his area/country.
I love dat cheap-o Alpine. MRV M500 is like $150 and will get him 500 watts at 2 ohms, CEA-2006 certified. Actually, probably a little more than 500 in most cases.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.