Pioneer AVH-X8600BT Loudness option?

I'm looking for loudness-option for this head unit. Does it have it?

So far i couldn't find anything related, even manual doesn't speak anything about it...

I thought loudness is pretty standard in head units, so far every one i've seen had it, but as expensive as this doesn't? Weird... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

8500 has itScroll down in audio settings.

But I never used it, even on eq settings I just cut not raise.
I've scrolled down and even tried ever option in audio settings, but there is simply no loudness option.. Wtf =D

I checked your head units manual, even there is part about loudness, and bass boost. My manual doesn't mention either of those. :l

Loudness option button isn't standard in HU. Some have it, but not all.

Why do you feel you need/want it anyway? If that's the case, sounds to me your wanting more power....which an amp comes to mind. Something like 75x4 4 ch amp, a good decent brand for about 100 bucks US dollars.

Yours being close to mine I thought you would have had it. Mine has 3 levels low, mid, high

But it's cool and just add an amp for extra power. A clean non boosted signal always beats a boosted signal.

That's if you like a clean sound, if not just boost the eq and that does same thing as a loud setting.

99.9% of time I use eq to cut...........but maybe a song file that did not record well....I have raised the eq past flat.

Yours being close to mine I thought you would have had it. Mine has 3 levels low, mid, high
But it's cool and just add an amp for extra power. A clean non boosted signal always beats a boosted signal.

That's if you like a clean sound, if not just boost the eq and that does same thing as a loud setting.

99.9% of time I use eq to cut...........but maybe a song file that did not record well....I have raised the eq past flat.
Actually the only reason i'm used to loudness is because i have subwoofer (and amplifier for it) in car, and with loudness it's always much louder than without. And the fact that i don't have to turn the volume up too much to hear the subwoofer have been my preference. Currently i have gain almost maxed (4/5) in amplifier, full +10dB subwoofer output level increase and EQ all below 100Hz turned up, and yet i'm struggling with basslines when music is low-ish.

As far as i remember it's always been pretty struggle without loudness. Maybe i should just decrease speakers output levels to compensate volume increase :p

And yes, i'm basshead //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Loudness option button isn't standard in HU. Some have it, but not all.
Why do you feel you need/want it anyway? If that's the case, sounds to me your wanting more power....which an amp comes to mind. Something like 75x4 4 ch amp, a good decent brand for about 100 bucks US dollars.
The reason i wanted that is because i have subwoofer (with amplifier for it), but without loudness option i have to set gain almost max in amp (4/5), subwoofer output level increase maxed in HU and in EQ everything below 100Hz maxed, and i'm still struggling with bass when i'm listening music on low volume.

I like big loud bass, so i've always used loudness with previous HU:s so i don't have to crank up the volume too much, decent silent volume with mad bass. Maybe i just have to live with this now and lower the speaker output levels to compensate the obligatory volume increase //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The reason i wanted that is because i have subwoofer (with amplifier for it), but without loudness option i have to set gain almost max in amp (4/5), subwoofer output level increase maxed in HU and in EQ everything below 100Hz maxed, and i'm still struggling with bass when i'm listening music on low volume.I like big loud bass, so i've always used loudness with previous HU:s so i don't have to crank up the volume too much, decent silent volume with mad bass. Maybe i just have to live with this now and lower the speaker output levels to compensate the obligatory volume increase //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You have a whole mess of crazy eqs applied I would turn off your bass boost on your sub amp, normalize your EQ to flat and see how it sounds also you may want to check you LPF on the amp and try playing with the phase of the sub. If anything if the substage is having trouble keeping up I’d eq it up a little and start backing higher freqs down until you get a matched sound. I never funk with any bass boost or loudness IMO they’re dirty band aids that cause more trouble than good.

ETA- What is your substage and amp and what’s your total impedance. If you were on a sound quality forum you would be getting run out of town tarred and feathered lol.

You have a whole mess of crazy eqs applied I would turn off your bass boost on your sub amp, normalize your EQ to flat and see how it sounds also you may want to check you LPF on the amp and try playing with the phase of the sub. If anything if the substage is having trouble keeping up I’d eq it up a little and start backing higher freqs down until you get a matched sound. I never funk with any bass boost or loudness IMO they’re dirty band aids that cause more trouble than good.
ETA- What is your substage and amp and what’s your total impedance. If you were on a sound quality forum you would be getting run out of town tarred and feathered lol.
Yeah i can only imagine hehe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm sorry but i don't really have an answer to your question about substage(what is it?) and impedance, i don't know that much about these things, but i can tell you what i do have in my car:

- Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X8600BT

- Amplifier: SPL Dynamics S-2604

- Subwoofer: Some JBL 1000w element

- Speakers: originals from car, connected to head unit. There is total 8x speakers in my car that are paired, so basically there is always 2 of them paired together as 1. Oh, and car is Volvo S70 -97.

I did normalize my EQ to flat, also i did place my amp gain to 1/2 , but with that i don't really get that great bass as i want :l

I changed sub phase to reverse, it sounds better than normal atleast in my car.

My amp has HPF set to 30 and LPF set to 100. Also i have LPF in my car set to 100hz for subwoofer.

If there is anything i can tell you feel free to ask =)

Are you sure it’s a 1000watt JBL sub and from what I’m seeing your problem is your amp only puts out 130watts rms bridged @ 4 ohm load and it may not even really make that power. So that’s not a great start I see at least an amp update in your future.

Are you sure it’s a 1000watt JBL sub and from what I’m seeing your problem is your amp only puts out 130watts rms bridged @ 4 ohm load and it may not even really make that power. So that’s not a great start I see at least an amp update in your future.

It says JBL 1000 Watts in middle of woofer, but of course its not RMS =) I don't really know how much it is RMS since i purchased it from friend, also as amplifier.

Well even 1000watts “MAX” isn’t going to be properly pushed my the 130watts that your amp allegedly puts out. You would have no problems if you went with 500watts rms and you wouldn’t have to add in a bunch of bass boost and EQ the balls out of the substage.

Well even 1000watts “MAX” isn’t going to be properly pushed my the 130watts that your amp allegedly puts out. You would have no problems if you went with 500watts rms and you wouldn’t have to add in a bunch of bass boost and EQ the balls out of the substage.
Yeah maybe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Unfortunately then i'd have to pull new power cable for it, since my current is ~16mm2 or so, and thats expensive stuff for just cable =s Also my cars fire pass through cannot really handle bigger cable it's already pretty tight fit, but it is what it is =)

That’s about 4 American Wire gauge it should have no problem supporting a semi-efficient 500watt rms amp. Trust me get a better class D amp and you won’t even want to mess with bass boost or loudness. And it will sound much better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.