Pioneer avh-x4800bs usb assistance please

Participant count
  • Participant list

XploitedSanityX

Jersey
Ello all,

I am trying to play music from a thumb drive that has been correctly wiped out and formatted (FAT32). I didn't do anything fancy with folders or anything. I just tossed about 30 songs on the drive that are in .mp3 format. Upon connecting the drive to the USB cable, the thumb drive lights up but the unit does not recognize the drive. The drive is a bo-bo brand. Could that be the issue? If not, is there a fix for this?

im hating my 4800. i only got it for the xover network and i should have known better. its slow the touch screen isn't great and frankly it sound mediocre. then again i can't expect much for 350 bucks.

next unit is another kenwood. i went back to pioneer and aid for it.

Does you cpu recognize the drive?

im hating my 4800. i only got it for the xover network and i should have known better. its slow the touch screen isn't great and frankly it sound mediocre. then again i can't expect much for 350 bucks.next unit is another kenwood. i went back to pioneer and aid for it.

Does you cpu recognize the drive?
I haven't had any issues with my 4800 aside from this. My PC and laptop both recognize the 3 drives (2 16g new-ish no name brands and 1 Lexar 2gb) I have tried. All three were formatted to FAT32 using my laptop. I have read some reviews that show that this is a common thing with the touch screen Pioneers. REALLY picky. What do you use with yours?

I have the same headunit, I just bought a 32gb retractable USB drive from Walmart for like $9 threw all the songs on it in folders and haven't had any problems.

I haven't had any issues with my 4800 aside from this. My PC and laptop both recognize the 3 drives (2 16g new-ish no name brands and 1 Lexar 2gb) I have tried. All three were formatted to FAT32 using my laptop. I have read some reviews that show that this is a common thing with the touch screen Pioneers. REALLY picky. What do you use with yours?
Ill tell u tomorrow. I didnt have to reformat it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.