Pioneer AVH-p8400BH questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

brynm
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just installed my new HU, and a quick question for those experienced with them. I have my ipod (160GB classic) hooked up using the CD-iu201S cable which is the more expensive of the two cables. My question is it's not displaying the Album art or song/artist info and I can't search my ipod content through the deck, is this cable not compatible with my ipod?

I have this same setup except I use my iPhone 4S. Are you using the bottom USB on the radio. Also in the settings, you have to make sure the RGB setting is set to iPhone instead of NAV. Look on page 64 of your manual if you're not sure where/how to change that.

Other than those two settings, you might have a bad cord. Can you try using Pandora and see if that works.

I have this same setup except I use my iPhone 4S. Are you using the bottom USB on the radio. Also in the settings, you have to make sure the RGB setting is set to iPhone instead of NAV. Look on page 64 of your manual if you're not sure where/how to change that.
Other than those two settings, you might have a bad cord. Can you try using Pandora and see if that works.
hey am looking to get the same radio and i got a 4s to can i use my phone on the radio to play netflix,pandora and gps

D. All of the above.

I primarly use the radio for Pandora while the kids watch a movie from the DVD or SD card. It's the best. I also use MotionX Drive. Pandora stills streams while driving, but I can't control the volume. I'm still working on that because you can control the Radio volume while using the GPS. Also netflix and youtube works just fine, but you can't stream that to the rear display (Though I haven't tried mirroring it). I bought the little relay here so I didn't have to mess with that parking brake crap.

The sucky part is needing that expensive cable that doesn't come with the radio, no way around that and no one has it really cheap. I bought my Pioneer deck off of ebay for $516, then the dash kit/harness off of amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
D. All of the above.
I primarly use the radio for Pandora while the kids watch a movie from the DVD or SD card. It's the best. I also use MotionX Drive. Pandora stills streams while driving, but I can't control the volume. I'm still working on that because you can control the Radio volume while using the GPS. Also netflix and youtube works just fine, but you can't stream that to the rear display (Though I haven't tried mirroring it). I bought the little relay here so I didn't have to mess with that parking brake crap.

The sucky part is needing that expensive cable that doesn't come with the radio, no way around that and no one has it really cheap. I bought my Pioneer deck off of ebay for $516, then the dash kit/harness off of amazon.
are you streaming by ipod cord or Bluetooth do you control the apps from phone or off the unit is the gps have voice turn by turn directions

are you streaming by ipod cord or Bluetooth do you control the apps from phone or off the unit is the gps have voice turn by turn directions
I use the cord, you can't fully control Pandora via Bluetooth. You can stream the audio, but can't do the thumbs up or down, or change stations.

As far as controlling the apps, it's all done on the phone. The MotionX has a $24 in-app purchase that allows you to control the app from the Radio screen. I have only used that app, Netflix, and Youtube, and those last two are only controlled via the phone. There are other apps, but I haven't tried them.

I use the cord, you can't fully control Pandora via Bluetooth. You can stream the audio, but can't do the thumbs up or down, or change stations.
As far as controlling the apps, it's all done on the phone. The MotionX has a $24 in-app purchase that allows you to control the app from the Radio screen. I have only used that app, Netflix, and Youtube, and those last two are only controlled via the phone. There are other apps, but I haven't tried them.
is the phone working of the cable that come with phone or you need a interface cable

is the phone working of the cable that come with phone or you need a interface cable
You need the expensive interface cable to do any of the app mode stuff. If you just use the standard apple usb iPhone cable, all you'll be able to do is play music off of the iDevice. I'm not sure if Pandora would work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.