Pioneer AVH-P3300BT Hissing

jaycue2

Hi

I just purchased the avh-p3300bt HU and I get a hiss on all sources except radio. If one has the EQ flat no hissing occurs or very little. In Radio mode theres none at all.

Has anyone noticed this with there unit? I have mine in a 2010 honda civic lx coupe.

Jay

I just installed the same unit in my car and am having this issue. There is no hiss if you leave the EQ flat but as soon as you start to increase any of the eq bands there is nasty hiss in all sources except radio. The hiss gets progressively worse the more you increase the band db. Did you ever figure this one out it is driving me nuts? Thanks!

Thank Architect, Is this what you mean by reground?

DSC00653.jpg

I'd go about grounding the audio RCA's first. To see if that takes away from the hissing. I'm awful with Paint, I'm so much better with a pencil and paper. Just make sure you use decent wire. Some good speaker wire should be good enough.

1:Strip away the rubber/plastic sleeving exposing the wire completely. Twist the wire all around to get all nice, neat and tightly wound.

2:Then unscrew that screw in the middle of RR, RF RCA jacks some. and place the wire there and gently screw the screw back in place while pinching wire between screw and radio.

3: Then begin to loop the wire around RCAs.

4: When your done looping the wire nice and tight around all the Red/White RCAs return the end to the screw back to the screw and twist both ends together. Cleanly cut off any excess wire. Want to keep things as neat as possible. Don't want to short anything out by have 4 inches of exposed wire hanging behind your HU lol

5: Might need a small washer of some kind for the this but now try to pinch the wire down when you tighten the screw back to keep it all in place.

I hope that helps you get some idea of how I grounded my Pioneer HU. =)

5874163101_82fbc2e62f.jpg

Thanks EAponte, I did that and it doesn't seem to have helped at all. Should I try grounding any of the other plugs? The only other output is vid out, probably no need to do the video inputs.

Well I went and bought a new one at Best Buy cause I just wanted to see if the unit had a problem or what and the new one does the same thing. Think the sound quality is just crap on these units or something. Don't know what else it could be.

try also a direct ground to chassis, instead of the ground in the oem harness, for the HU ground.

i just removed a pioneer today that had HORRIBLE engine noise etc. grounded rcas, ran separate ground, no noise after that, if that doesn't help, bring it back

try also a direct ground to chassis, instead of the ground in the oem harness, for the HU ground.
i just removed a pioneer today that had HORRIBLE engine noise etc. grounded rcas, ran separate ground, no noise after that, if that doesn't help, bring it back
I forgot to mention that aswell.

Another thing to look for is faulty RCA cords. I had problems with bad cords. I removed them one by one till the noise was gone. Had a faulty "Y" splitter leading to the mid's amp.

Bad wiring can introduce noise into your setup...

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a direct chassis ground in addition to the harness ground. Also it still hisses even if I have the subwoofer RCA cables disconnected from the back. I had the same cables/amp/sub setup running with my previous head unit which was a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT, before if got stolen, and I never had any noise issues with that one. Only thing different with this harness setup is I wired in a parking brake bypass relay so I could watch video while driving, but I doubt that would introduce noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.