Pioneer AVH-4600bt sub level

Participant count
  • Participant list

lifesproduct
10+ year member

I installed my SoundQubed 2200 today, replacing a Hifonics Glx1400. My hu is 4 volts and when I set the gains with my Dd-1, my gain went almost to 1 o'clock. It just seems a little too high for 4 volts when the scale starts at 5. I know that the scale isn't perfect but it just seems too high. Does anyone know where I should have my sub level on the hu, since it ranges from -15 (i think) to +6. While setting my gains I had it at 0. I'm just curious if that is causing my pre-amp voltage to be lower? Any thoughts, or knowledge on these head units? Thanks in advance!

I installed my SoundQubed 2200 today, replacing a Hifonics Glx1400. My hu is 4 volts and when I set the gains with my Dd-1, my gain went almost to 1 o'clock. It just seems a little too high for 4 volts when the scale starts at 5. I know that the scale isn't perfect but it just seems too high. Does anyone know where I should have my sub level on the hu, since it ranges from -15 (i think) to +6. While setting my gains I had it at 0. I'm just curious if that is causing my pre-amp voltage to be lower? Any thoughts, or knowledge on these head units? Thanks in advance!
Sub level max when setting gains.

Btw, Box went in today as well! More than happy with the output compared to the last box I made! You are the man! Thank You for all of your help

f09c05f7d1038267806e14d202333c18.jpg

Btw, Box went in today as well! More than happy with the output compared to the last box I made! You are the man! Thank You for all of your help
f09c05f7d1038267806e14d202333c18.jpg
hahaha this is cool, but funny as hell! 4V is the absolute max rating. You get that at pretty much full volume with sub-level at max. Btw sub-level control isn't a boost.

hahaha this is cool, but funny as hell! 4V is the absolute max rating. You get that at pretty much full volume with sub-level at max. Btw sub-level control isn't a boost.
I apologize for following instructions, and overall not being as intelligent as you....thanks for all of your input, I don't know where I'd be without it

I didn't want to set my gains incorrectly, that is why I went with the less aggressive option....I can always come back and fix that later....but after setting the gain and seeing it so high, it made me start to question how the sub level affected gain.

I didn't want to set my gains incorrectly, that is why I went with the less aggressive option....I can always come back and fix that later....but after setting the gain and seeing it so high, it made me start to question how the sub level affected gain.
For most pioneers, you only get 4 volt preout if your sub level is maxed out and the volume very high like 80-90%. Or else you'll be getting around 2 volt pre-out, sometimes less. Sub level for pioneers has nothing to do with bass boost so dont worry on that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.