Pioneer AVH-4100NEX Android Auto

Participant count
  • Participant list

jalan

I am looking to purchase this unit when it comes out in March because I want the Android Auto capability. I have never had an aftermarket unit with Bluetooth before. My in-car bluetooth experience is only with built-in units.

My question is do Pioneer units like this come with some sort of remote microphone for the Bluetooth phone calls?

I am going to be putting this in a small motorhome that is built on the Ford E350 chassis. It currently has an aftermarket Jensen unit that does not have any Bluetooth capability. Given the type of vehicle, the interior is fairly noisy and so I am wondering if the Bluetooth microphone is only in the unit itself or whether there is some sort of microphone that would go on the visor perhaps?

I am curious also about how they will implement Android Auto and the voice recognition capability. To instigate the voice recognition would you expect to have to push something on the touch screen or do you envision that they'll use some kind of a steering wheel button that will activate it? I know they make an integration kit but my vehicle has no type of steering wheel audio controls now.

Thanks for your input.

Itll come with a microphone you can clip on the visor and such. As for the andorid auto im not sure but the reason last years "NEX" units didnt have it is because it wasnt up to par for android but this year android finally approved it. It should be exactly as using your phone. Should be pretty cool

Thanks. Is the microphone wired? Just curious if I have to get the dash off to run the wire or if I'll be able to do the entire install from the front after popping the existing Jensen out with the Ford din removal tool?

Im pretty sure it is a wired microphone im 99% sure itll be the same as the previous models one. I dont see why they would change it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.