Pioneer 9800BT - Worst iPOD Interface Ever?

Did the engineers ever even USE the thing before they sold it?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

First off I guess I never should have purchased a Pioneer - I was trying to be cheap but couldn't bring myself to be cheap. However, when I re-evaluated being cheap my brain was still stuck in Pioneer land LOL. So I have a 9800-BT installed. The iPOD adapter works and sounds fine; however the interface is horrible. Has anyone else had this experience? The iPOD menu does not remember which folder/album you were in. Every time you want to change artists you have to browse from the beginning.

You browse to the iPOD menu and go into artists for example, this takes years because if you have 200 artists in there it's an ordeal to scroll through them. Then you find the one you want and go into that artist; choose an album and play a song. Now that you are playing the song; you can't adjust the volume until you exit the menu. So you exit the menu and adjust the volume. Say you want to play the next CD by the same artist. Go back into the menu to choose a different album and the menu resets to the beginning. You have to go all the way back through choosing browse by artist, and go through the 300 artists and find the album you want to play. You have to do this EVERY TIME you exit the menu.

My eclipse in my other car remembers where you were; so do my friends stereos. What the heck? Can you update the firmware on this thing?

Jeremy

just use the ipod to go through music.lol.i have the same HU and i never have problems.its much easier just to use your ipod to change songs instead of working out the controls on the unit

just use the ipod to go through music.lol.i have the same HU and i never have problems.its much easier just to use your ipod to change songs instead of working out the controls on the unit
That defeats the purpose of having a HU with iPod controls.

On the other hand my Eclipse CD7000 with the IPC106 module is extremely fast, sounds great, and remembers folders even if you unplug the iPod. Did you read any reviews before you purchased it?

My MVP 8200 has a great ipod interface. thats weird how that poineer doesnt work for you like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

triksterut

triksterut
Salt Lake City, Utah
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date