picked up a like new Punch 150

eloyg64

ok so I had a punch 75 that was pretty sick back in 1993 only because I was making 4.25 an hour (min wage) and couldnt afford the 150 I recently found one for around $500 but in like new shape. After reading all the dialogue of how they are only around 425 watts I was discouraged due to me buying a Fosgate T1D212 and thought it would be underpowered. WRONG!! This amp is fckn sick, I have the nob at like 10% and this thing is killing it...this speaker is rated up to 800 watts RMS handling and I am only using one channel...not a wiz on amps but it has to putting out alot more than 425 RMS..thats the low range on the fosgate website for this speakers handling of power and this thing is too much for it..they sure knew how to make them back then...I ll take pics and post them later..

Review of Amplifier:

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

Rockford is notorious for under rating their amps I had an old school 150 and it pushed 2 400watt RMS subs like nothing I miss that amp I got rid of it for way to cheep. Traded it and the subs for a crappy laptop

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

You paid 500 for a punch 150? They are pretty awesome amps, but you are likely only getting 120-200 W tops out of one channel. What type of enclosure do you have for your T1? Do you have the T1 wired to 1 or 4 ohm impedance?

i had a punch 120a2 bridged at 1ohm on two 400rms 12s and it blew them. Had to have been doing at least 350rms. It got so hot it melted to the carpet in my trunk. That was my very first system.

Someone is a sucker....and they guy holding the money in his hand walking away is prob laughing his *** off.

I still have my Punch 60ix. I have had Punch 200 and Punch 45...in all honesty, I don't get it. They were tough little amps n all, a little under rated but they didn't have so much more power that it really mattered. During a time when other amp makers had LP/HP switches, RF's had this card under neath you had to flip. They got hot as all hell. Turn on pop, I could always hear this cassette tape hiss in the tweeters. Most owners I knew would crank up the 18db boost and seemed to be the main reason they loved them. SQ was typical to me, I didn't notice any musical nirvana or anything.

I never thought they were all that great. Maybe in my head they were good for their time but that's about it.

I also remember the P45 being pretty weak, it would cut out if you tried to use it on big subs in a sealed box and up the volume to gain's setting, like it couldn't get enough juice...at least mine did.

I think I mentioned it before but I did do a direct side by side comparison with my 60ix to an Alpine MVR f300 of similar power output. The Alpine sounded much cleaner overall. Both maxed out sounded quite similar and got as perceptibly loud but at lower volumes the Alpine had it in clarity and richness.

You guys realize this post is from February??
Meh, i don't mind banging older chicks so why would I mind posting in an older thread? It's still got some miles left on it.

I still have my Punch 60ix. I have had Punch 200 and Punch 45...in all honesty, I don't get it. They were tough little amps n all, a little under rated but they didn't have so much more power that it really mattered. During a time when other amp makers had LP/HP switches, RF's had this card under neath you had to flip. They got hot as all hell. Turn on pop, I could always hear this cassette tape hiss in the tweeters. Most owners I knew would crank up the 18db boost and seemed to be the main reason they loved them. SQ was typical to me, I didn't notice any musical nirvana or anything.I never thought they were all that great. Maybe in my head they were good for their time but that's about it.

I also remember the P45 being pretty weak, it would cut out if you tried to use it on big subs in a sealed box and up the volume to gain's setting, like it couldn't get enough juice...at least mine did.

I think I mentioned it before but I did do a direct side by side comparison with my 60ix to an Alpine MVR f300 of similar power output. The Alpine sounded much cleaner overall. Both maxed out sounded quite similar and got as perceptibly loud but at lower volumes the Alpine had it in clarity and richness.

Meh, i don't mind banging older chicks so why would I mind posting in an older thread? It's still got some miles left on it.
So you don't mind senior citizens huh??

You guys realize this post is from February??
Yep and was still posted in Feb when you commented here a week ago as well.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

eloyg64

eloyg64
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date