Phoenix Gold XS6600 PLEASE READ description carefully!

Participant count
  • Participant list

joeybutts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
VA
Item(s) for Sale:

Phoenix Gold XS6600

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used! It was operational according to who I bought it from. Knowing it was old school and not knowing the seller, as soon as I received it I opened it up. At first blush I thought wow, super clean, excellent shape. Then I started to look closely at the board and could tell there was some kind of film on it. 99% sure it's blown caps. Seems like it flowed from under the bank of two, possibly others. There is a diy on the net for fixing and replacing them, I don't have the time for dealing with it.

The output bank is SLIGHTLY bent, but structurally sound and has continuity. The hold down broke but I have it and is easily fixable with some PL or CA glue.

Lastly, the output bank is a bit rusty, but all screws and washers move freely and just need a bath.

That is all I can tell is wrong with the amp. The board is absolutely beautiful, I see no burns or anything that suggests other trauma to any parts. I have not removed the sub-board to peek in there, I don't know enough to start tearing deeper into it.

This can be a solid beautiful American made piece for someone who knows how to repair or wants a project to start learning. I'd love to keep it but no time or any where to use it. :/

Price:

Best offer. $90 shipped.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

included

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

Lots of refs if necessary. Best offer.

It was an eBuy. Wanted to use it in my pickup but opened it up first and saw that. It may still work, I don't know and didn't want to run it. Figured I'd pass it along to someone more knowledable. I'll take just about any reasonable offer.

Kept playing with it... sub channels seem to have some kind of issue... crackling. There is output just not reliable/consistent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.