PG Titanium 12

jimmyslide
10+ year member

Let me get you a spoon...
sealed or ported...I like the sound of ported, but sealed offers more room for other stuff. Is the titanium meant to be sealed? I have run PG previously and noticed that they had remarkable SQ in sealed...never tried them ported tough?

leaning towards ported right now.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Why did you take the 10's over the 12's or 15's?

I am not sure if i want to save the space and go with 10s, or add the extra boom/depth and get 12's.

How big is the sealed enclosure? What are you powering it with? What other subs would you compare it to? Is there anything you would have rather got for the price?

Thanks...Shawn...

i have 2 10" svc ti's in a .9cuft persub sealed box after displacement hooked up to a jbl 600.1 @2 ohms. they get real deep yet hit the high notes too. they a slighly boomy, which i really like and that can be attributed to a bigger than spec box. they handle the power just fine and imo get slightly deeper/ louder than my friends 2 12" type r's in a sealed box on a jbl 600.1. for the price (on ebay) i hihgly recommend them. however, some of the subs had tinsel problems where they came undone from the terminal. but i just resoldered them.

Have you tried to push them with anything more than the 600.1?

I was thinking of a hifonics or a JBL1200.1, giving them around 500-600 watts each.

I thought the rms was 500 for each...I may be mistaken, but if it is a little lower, that is better for me, I may not have to get a new amp after all.

the 1200.0 will push more than 600 per sub.

I am just running a dinky usacoustics amp, pushing about 200 per briged channels. It is the 4 channel I usually hook up to my front and rear speakers...It is just a substitute until I get the money for subs and amp.

I still have my 15" Ti's underpowered, only giving them around 150 watts each. They are in a 1.9 cubic foot per sealed box, and they are still really loud. Once i get a nice amp for them, its going to be rediculous.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.