PG RSD's

WildSebring
10+ year member

Uncle Bobby B baby
I was wondering about the PG RSD's...I need a few more opinions on them. Only one person around here that I know whose ran them and they sounded decent in his car off headunit power.

Who has experience with them? Whats your opinions, likes and dislikes?

I'm thinking of buying 2 sets of them, and building kicks for the 2nd set and running both sets off of a SAX 100.4..

Would this be a good route? I just want it to be loud clear and clean.

Thanks..

Those would sound real good. I had a set of the comps and loved them... He's running comps off HU power?
Yes, at the time his 4 channel had blown fets. He got it fixed but sold the PG's and went to Vibes, so I never got to hear them on an amp...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I was wondering about the PG RSD's...I need a few more opinions on them. Only one person around here that I know whose ran them and they sounded decent in his car off headunit power.
Who has experience with them? Whats your opinions, likes and dislikes?

I'm thinking of buying 2 sets of them, and building kicks for the 2nd set and running both sets off of a SAX 100.4..

Would this be a good route? I just want it to be loud clear and clean.

Thanks..
That amp can go active, right? That may help with the RSDs.

I ran these passively and I liked them at first. Got loud and handled plenty of power (amp is rated 150w RMS bridged, who knows with only 12v though). After a while, I couldn't stand the harshness of the woofers, mostly on metal music. Talk about screaming guitars, lol. I also don't think I got the midbass out of them that I read about, but to be honest that is probably because of my install. Doors are deadened and sealed up in some spots, but could still use more work. I didn't have a particularly good EQ at the time, so I was unable to tweak the really troublesome frequencies. For $70, they're hard to beat if you just want something that's loud. However, if your listening includes metal or hard rock, I'd look elsewhere for a better set.

i've had 3 sets, good for the money.

ran mids off deck power first and was good.

ran off 100watts, good.

150 per side is where it shined, to me at least.

i even ran them active w/ 100 per speaker, but never pushed the limits.(only a few times)

Thanks guys. I think I'm set on the PG's being their $59 new on woofers etc w/ free shipping per set.

I'm going to completely deaden the doors and the whole 9. Yes the SAX is active capable, which I think I'm going to run passive off of one SAX 100.4 until I can afford to purchase a 2nd SAX 100.4 so I can run active.

For $59 they seem to be hard to beat. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i think they are pretty good.

not to thread jack but, i see you are saying you are going to get 2 sets. this question isn't directly towards you but may help you if needed.(iauno)

i'm currently thinking about getting a second set myself and running a set per front door.. right now with my 1 set i'm running them active on my 9887 with equalizer set from my ktx-100eq.

well, what i want to know is, can i still run 2 pairs of component sets in the front doors active, or should i hook them up to their passive components?

i know their may be an imaging and possible time alignment issue but i'm not too worried. think the ktx-100eq can take care of those issues with multiple comp sets.

thoughts?

you can run 2 pairs active, by just runnin all the mids off the same channels, tweets on others ect...your power per set will be cut in half tho
Which I don't wanna do, as everything I've read on here and other sites with reviews say they shine above 80-100 watts per.

I could do it that way, but then ohm loads are mixed and I'd rather keep it simple..honestly.

I'll run em passive to start and see if I like it, then if not I will get a 2nd SAX 100.4 and run active. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you can run 2 pairs active, by just runnin all the mids off the same channels, tweets on others ect...your power per set will be cut in half tho
i have additional amps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

on a side note, i currently run my mids on a kicker zx450.2

if i set a pair and wire them in parallel giving the amp a 2ohm load per channel should be sufficient you think?

amp ratings

ZX Series 2-Channel Class AB Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

* 4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.

* 2 ohms: 225 watts x 2 chan.

* Bridged, 4 ohms: 450 watts x 1 chan.

Max power output: 450 watts x 2 chan.

So if I understand correctly, all of you guys have ran these at more than double their rms ratings?
I know it says 60w RMS and 120 MAX, but a lot of the reviews I've been seeing and reading, have said between 80-100 watts is where the RSD's shine and come alive. And the guy here who ran em' ran around 125 per mid and had no problems, I just never got to hear it once he amp'd them.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

WildSebring

10+ year member
Uncle Bobby B baby
WildSebring
Dallas Texas - Land of DSR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date