People who have heard the ID CTX65CS comps

*Ace*
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm debating between kick-panels or sealing them in the doors. In your opinion what would sound better? If I put them in the doors, the tweets will have to go about 2' above the mids in the a-pillar. I have 200x2 at 4 ohms powering them

I have mine in the door and the tweets on the a pillars with 250x2 and they sound amazing. Never had them in the kicks. You should just try mounting them in those positions and find out which one works better for you.

I cant say how they sound in kicks but i have mine in the doors with the tweeters mounted about 6 inches above the mid and they sound wonderful.

With proper deadening in door panel you can make them sound great, without proper built kick, they can sound like crap. My mids are in my door, I enjoy them most the time. I no longer have the tweets cause i went with horns. But at the time my tweets were probably a foot or foot and a half away crossfired and they sounded just fine.

I have been running my IDCTX65CS mids in the door in custom built pods (not opened up into the door yet, but they are installed and attached to the car) and have been experimenting with several tweeter placements and it's starting to piss me off...

I tried the kicks, but the kicks are too deep under the dash to get good imaging. I tried the factory location above the mids, crossfired, and it sounded decent but the soundstage was way to low. I tried upper door, not good imaging. I tried A-Pillars crossfiring, and I have to set the fader three notches to the passenger side to avoid getting blasted by the tweets (but then the passenger suffers). I tried far back on the dash, crossfiring back into the car... good sound distribution, not good imaging.

I'm at a loss... I'll probably just mount them down next to the mids and leave it at that.

do you guys have these mounted like they would be stock or are they aimed?? im a noob, and i just bought these and im wondering how to install them...

do you guys have these mounted like they would be stock or are they aimed?? im a noob, and i just bought these and im wondering how to install them...

i have them in my door. i had to use spacers. so i weatherstripped the spacers on both sides twice. then siliconed it where the spacer is screwed down to the door. i want to eventually deaden the door. they sound beautiful. the tweeters were nice and crisp until I blew them somehow. Working on getting a replacement pair.

They sound fine to me in the door. i have the tweets on the A-Pillars aimed towards my ears

i have them in my door. i had to use spacers. so i weatherstripped the spacers on both sides twice. then siliconed it where the spacer is screwed down to the door. i want to eventually deaden the door. they sound beautiful. the tweeters were nice and crisp until I blew them somehow. Working on getting a replacement pair. They sound fine to me in the door. i have the tweets on the A-Pillars aimed towards my ears
yeah i think im going to make a spacer out of mdf and aim them toward the driver seat (me) but the only thing i have to figure out is how much space i have between the interior panel and the speaker.. and im defently going to mount the tweets in the a-pillars. how big are the crossovers? (my speakers are being shipped to me, atm)

yeah i think im going to make a spacer out of mdf and aim them toward the driver seat (me) but the only thing i have to figure out is how much space i have between the interior panel and the speaker.. and im defently going to mount the tweets in the a-pillars. how big are the crossovers? (my speakers are being shipped to me, atm)
they're the same size as the majority of crossovers. um bout the size of a cigar box maybe.

i didnt mount mine in the door tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.