Passthrough RCA questions

acubsfan
10+ year member

Cubs Fan
I was wondering, if you are running a 4 channel amplifier off of a deck with an active crossover, and utiliized the pass through outputs on the amplifier, will this be a full range signal, or just the equivalent of the highs or the mids? This is with an Eclipse XA4000 if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

but if I am only sending through a mid and high signal to begin with due to the crossover settings in my head unit, how exactly does it product a full range signal?

but if I am only sending through a mid and high signal to begin with due to the crossover settings in my head unit, how exactly does it product a full range signal?
It doesn't. It only passes thru what your putting into it.

Sounds like ideally you need a Y adapter...

So if the theoretically I was sending 80hz - 2khz into two channels and 2khz and up to the other two channels and then ran a set of rca's out of the output, I would receive a signal with 80hz and up? I am just trying to undersand this. This would be ideal so I can just use some coax for rear fill instead of components.

Okay maybe I'm confused so back to square one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How many RCA's do you have coming from your head unit?

Is the crossover built into the deck, or is it an external unit in the trunk?

And also, how many amps feeding what (lows, mids, highs, etc)

Okay maybe I'm confused so back to square one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
How many RCA's do you have coming from your head unit?

Is the crossover built into the deck, or is it an external unit in the trunk?

And also, how many amps feeding what (lows, mids, highs, etc)
I will be running 3 sets of rca's coming from the head unit. The crossover is built into the head unit (Alpine 9835). I will be feeding highs and mids to the four channels of an Eclipse xa4000. I will be feeding the lows to two channels of another Eclipse xa4000 to two 8 in subs. I would like to use the remaining two channels of that amplifier for some coax speakers in the rear doors. I was hoping to run a set of rca's from the passthrough output on the first amplifier to the remaining two channels on the second amplifier to do this.

depends upon if the amp sums the 4 channels on the passthru. My Helix must do that as I run exactly what you want to do and the coax's on the daisychained amp seem to play all freqs...

Good to hear this works with other amplifiers and yeah, I'll probably just give Eclipse a call and find out. Thanks for all the help with this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.