Passion - What is it?

Mark_ab
5,000+ posts

The Alpha Male
I was curious as to what everyone's first and foremost passion is. I'm sure for some it's car audio, but I'd wager for most it's something else; be it football, stocks, computers, or pottery.

For me, my passion happens to be armwrestling, as well as grip training (secondary). I'm Alberta champ, and second nationally in the 100kg class, and ranked top 10 continentally in the 90kg class. I'm also one of a few in the world (the list is around 60, now) who is certified to closing the IronMind #3 gripper (some weight lifters on this board may have heard of them) and the first Canadian to do so. As of yesterday, I'm up to 8 reps.

I'd love to hear other's interests

I have several passions but I would say my first and foremost is cars. Specifically compact performance (import and domestic). I really respect when people build 4 and 6 cylinders to haul ass. I went to a show recently and saw a Honda Del Sol with a B18 engine, Garrett turbo and NX nitrous kit, not to mention all the bolt ons. Very tasteful and something I would like to do someday.

I myself am also into the weight lifting deal. Although I haven't lifted in nearly 3 years. I used to lift with a friend after school every day, but we both went our own ways, and I don't have anyone to lift with anymore. I hold the school record for bench press in the 139 lb class, with a press of 255 lbs., the 129 lb class with a press of 240, and hold the record in clean and jerk with 195, in each class. Last time I lifted just playing around I got 185 lbs in the bench press, this after 3 years of not touching any weights, unfortunately I would now be in the 169 weight class. I just can't get motivated lifting by myself. I went to the GNC yesterday and purchased a bottle of Stacker 2, I want to get a nice definition to my body, so hopefully the Stacker will help me cut down on the weight, then I can begin lifting with light weights to get a nice tone.

First driving passion is the love of audio, which usually is my home audio.. car audio takes a back seat to it, but is still a very welcome enjoyment of mine...

Automotive performance and restoration is another, along with remodeling my house...

i love soccer, i play for my high school team down here in south florida but last year we went 0-18 and this year we went 4-18... it was the most fun anyways but next year, ohh my god next year!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

im pretty new to car audio, as of this year, and i know im loving it..

it's not just "one of those things".....

im actually gonna learn and try my own stuff and see how stuff works.

but i like fishing and skateboarding the most //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

HERE IS THE FISH I CAUGHT 2 DAYS AGO

Fishing, Fishing, and More Fishing. I have been on the b.a.s.s. tour for the past three years. I take a loa during spring from my regular job so I can go and fish for 3 months. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my first passion was for motorbikes that was bout 3 years ago i still hold 3 trakc records in the open class (3 years and no one can beat me yet) now all i can talk about is car audio me and a couple of friends can speak "caraudio" fluently in other words we can use terms those regular people out there that reckon the stock H/U in there 67 valiant rocks ass

Audio in General, BASEBALL (I went to college on a Baseball scholarship), Fishing, and I love Mini-truckin and messing with cars.

Definitely football. We had a very serious program at my school, we worked at it year round. We ended with the playoffs in December and picked back up the first day of school in January. Went to 2 state championships as a runningback in Virginia at the highest level Va offers. Seen and played with/against a lot of current pros. It's funny when I run the table in a football video game that I've never played before, just because I know soooo much about the strategy of it all and how to read my keys and defenses properly. The more realistic the game, the better I am. I would love to coach one of these days.

Cars, music and audio are my other passions. So you can see what led me to car audio, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Motocross thats always been my hobby since high school when i got my first bike 97 cr 125. I have competed in many supercross events but yet to get near to the reaches of Mcgrath lol. I also love working on my muscle cars although I like imports you just cant beat a good ol American Muscle car I myslef have 2 Mustang gts and love the hell outta them also Car Audio Duh:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Daniel i love soccer, i play for my high school team down here in south florida but last year we went 0-18 and this year we went 4-18... it was the most fun anyways but next year, ohh my god next year!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
my high school was runner up this year in the 3a class. Jupiter high school. I'm really into weight lifting, i've got a national record, in the 220lb weight class, for ages 14-16 in the raw class. Deadlift 520. I've got my school's record for deadlift, i've almost got the clean, i've got the clean and jerk, bench will be mine, and squat will be close. I bench 300 w/out wraps, clean 290, jerk 265(need to max again though), squat 450, and now i deadlift like 535. But i'm fading away from lifting weights, i want to get more into something that'll get me a lot of money quickly when i'm older. Stocks maybe? I want to go to the NFL, but i doubt that'll happen.

Originally posted by ramos Fishing, Fishing, and More Fishing. I have been on the b.a.s.s. tour for the past three years. I take a loa during spring from my regular job so I can go and fish for 3 months. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
whoa !

Seems we have shared interests, I'm a rough boned fisher to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I only fish on carps in the nights using optonics and ****, real nice.. biggest fish I so far caught is a 36lbs carp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mark_ab

5,000+ posts
The Alpha Male
Mark_ab
Edmonton, Alberta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date