Parametric eq and audiotcontrol DQX????

Participant count
  • Participant list

supermaxx123
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I.E.
I got this unit and it's great. I am not using the parametric eq's. What do they do and how would they have a postivie or negative effect. I've read the intructions but can't comprehend it to it's fullest.

In other words what does the parametric eq do?

From http://www.bcae1.com/

EQ's-

Parametric Equalizers: Another type of EQ is a parametric. A parametric EQ will allow for the adjustment of boost and cut of different bands like a graphic EQ but it allows the shifting of the frequency up or down the audio band. It may also allow for the adjustment of "Q" (the quality of the curve of the band passed by the filter). One drawback of the parametric EQ is that they usually have fewer bands than a graphic EQ but they can be extremely useful in fine tuning a system with only a few flaws in its frequency response.

OK so basically its an eq but focuses on one certain frequency and rises or lowers from there? with an adjustable curve unlike a set 12db,16db,24db curve?

You've got it.

Im not familiar with your unit, but most parametric's let you change the frequency you need to adjust (a range of 50hz to 500 hz for example), then lets you widen or narrow the range of hz of the equalization point you want to correct.

They are quite complicated, and go so far beyond a basic EQ that the best way to use one is to have the system response measured at a shop.

They are hard to tune by ear.

You've got it.
Im not familiar with your unit, but most parametric's let you change the frequency you need to adjust (a range of 50hz to 500 hz for example), then lets you widen or narrow the range of hz of the equalization point you want to correct.

They are quite complicated, and go so far beyond a basic EQ that the best way to use one is to have the system response measured at a shop.

They are hard to tune by ear.
I believe you! this one has a very wide range adjusment and it has 2. I really want to install in my truck and get someone with an RTA to help. I've been looking into them and i dont think i want to shell out that much cash to set my eq, although im sure if i had an RTA i would use it A LOT.

Thanks for the help Rich B

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

supermaxx123

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
supermaxx123
I.E.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date