Panasonic decks, Any good?

westman995
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
Im looking at a panasonic deck, its not really much of an upgrade from my alpine 9851 by the looks of it, it doesnt have a whole lot more sound settings on it than my alpine. But i am getting rid of my alpine and think i want to try the panasonic deck since it will be in the price range, if i dont like i can sell it.

But i was just wondering if they are a pretty decent deck and how anyone who has used one likes it?

The one im looking at is this one:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_133DFX983/Panasonic-MXE-CQ-DFX983U.html?tp=5684&tab=features_and_specs

It has 5 volt pre outs vs my old decks 2 volts.. Its got a crossover for the sub, which my current deck does not have, but wont need that if the amp has a crossover anyways i guess. Both play mp3s which i use... Im going to be using an external 4 channel amp no matter what deck i use.. I really want to get something with some HP crossovers built into the deck, which this one does not have i do believe, but then again my 4 channel has HP on them also, so should be ok for now.

Any thoughts on it? I think the price is right, 70 shipped for one of those sound good? It would prolly just be for a while to try something different til i can really upgrade to something a bit nicer. The display on this one is prolly alot nicer than my current one, this one has graphics and stuff, mine is just the line display.

I love my Panys, I left my Pioneers and after seein all the features for the price i figured id try. I wont go back...
I think im going to try the panasonic, you dont see too many of those around but they look to be a quality deck, as far as looks. Ive never used one before tho.

I would stick with the alpine but that is just me.
I really like alpine, but i want to try something different at the moment, if i could afford to i would go with a higher end alpine and be done with it, but i cant afford to right now.

Well i have a guy wanting to buy my alpine on friday, so if the panasonic is still for sale by then i am going to buy it. If not, i am stuck without any deck at all for now haha..

I love my Panny. I used to be all Pioneer, then I went through a kenwood time. I like the panny alot. I have yet to try an Alpine though (I want my buddies 9855 bad)

i like pany hu's. all i use. i get the top models though. i like most of the top models due to the control. 9 band eq that you can adjust and you can even adjust the frequency of each band of the eq. check around for a cq-c8803u, 9801, 9701. those are the ones i have. try one of their higher end models out, i think you will like them.

i like pany hu's. all i use. i get the top models though. i like most of the top models due to the control. 9 band eq that you can adjust and you can even adjust the frequency of each band of the eq. check around for a cq-c8803u, 9801, 9701. those are the ones i have. try one of their higher end models out, i think you will like them.
Cause of u im hooked, lol...

I love my panasonic but I have to get rid of it for something with x3 sets of channels (mine only has 2 sets, no subs). Its model name is something like rx-400q or something like that. I've only had it for a few months but its 3 band eq is great, and has the adjustable frequencies as well as front usb and aux ports. Love it.

Where are you getting that for 70$ from?

Wish i could get a higher end one, this one will do for now tho. I looked at the manual and the one im looking at isnt much of an upgrade from my current deck, minus the 5 volt pre outs. This one basically just has bass and treble adjustments im pretty sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

westman995

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
westman995
Minnesota
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date