Panasonic AVH-X8500BHS muting (or unmuting) at 15mph after surge

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hoping to get the help of the masses on this one.

I installed my completely after market system ~2.75-3 yrs ago (Focal mids/tweaters, JL 10W7, Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS headunit). It's been so long since I worked on a system I did a very stupid thing the other day without even thinking. I was pulling a lawn chair from the trunk when i noticed my 0 gauge wire was slipping from my terminal block which all power runs through. It must have been all the way out because when I tried to push it back in "Sparks"... yay. The distro i was pushing the wire into is wired to a high gain line driver that has RCA and remote wire connections.

After this I have the following weird symptoms:

If I am under 15 miles an hour with the head unit on the stereo will be constantly flickering between muted/unmuted until I come to a stop, and then it will stay either muted, or on. As I accelerate the same in reverse, the mute flickers on and off until i get to that 15mph, and once I am >15mph the mute will either stay on OR stay off.

One other thing to note... If I leave the faceplate off, accelerate to >15mph, and THEN put the faceplate on, the unit plays fine every time (until I decelerate to below 15mph). Obviously during this time the mute button doesn't work at all. So i'm curious if anyone knows what I fried, or what I should look for. Do I need a new headunit? Is it repairable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.