painting engine/powder coating dash.

Participant count
  • Participant list

saywhat?
5,000+ posts

satx120, jealous?
1: Painting engine....

Best way to do it? have heard epoxy prime motor first, sand and paint as normal. have have etch prime the motor first, paint as normal. have heard paint just base coat, no primer or sealer. and last...have heard the high temp paint deal. The motor does NOT get hot enough, period, to bubble/lift paint so don't say it does, im just wondering the best method those of you who have painted them have seen. Also, not sure what color I want the truck yet, but I want to paint the block while its torn down. should I go with a neautral color? What color as for a neutral? Something to match everything when its done....

Engine bay will be black, so I don't want it black, and silver just seems like it would fall into the chrome look and just be one shiny ass ugly motor. Any suggestions?

2: Powder coating my dash board. Yes....powder coating. Its a metal dash. Im looking at doing it black, unless I just paint it myself. Would all wiring/hoses/glass have to come out of the truck to do this?

powder coating is done (properly) by applying a negative charge to the item you are "painting" then it is sprayed with a powdered material that is positively charged...once thoroughly covered, it is then baked on. I don't see how you can do it this way without removing the dash from the vehicle.

p.s... did you ever find the parts for that bar you were designing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.