PA mofo 12? 3in VC, 23mm xmax, 1500wrms

Power Acoustik MOFO-122X (MOFO122X)12" Dual 2 ohm Car Subwoofer
These subs actaully dont look that bad lol so whats the word on them? THey sound like crap or just undependable????

Looking for a bigger 12, this and the new alpine type-r are temping me with there $150-160 price tags

Anyone ever actaully used one?

I had some of the older ones.. they are okay.. didn't handle lows good... but this was back in like 03-04 .. Just save up and get something good man

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Power Acoustik MOFO-122X (MOFO122X)12" Dual 2 ohm Car Subwoofer
These subs actaully dont look that bad lol so whats the word on them? THey sound like crap or just undependable????

Looking for a bigger 12, this and the new alpine type-r are temping me with there $150-160 price tags

Anyone ever actaully used one?

I had some of the older ones.. they are okay.. didn't handle lows good... but this was back in like 03-04 .. Just save up and get something good man

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

yea im hoping for a DC lvl 4 or Fi Q. SOmthing along that line, also a nice RE thats not to far from me

Are they the same version? I thought there were 2 versions and one was far superior.. Not sure though.
they make them in both 2.5 and 3" coils... but they are not worth the money at all. As I have owned a pair they might handle half the RMS. really junk softparts

American Bass FTW! LOL

For the cost go for a proven brand. Alpines ok but like others have mentioned, there is way better for the same price. JUST AVOID SKARBAGE!

I had a mofo last year and it knocked on 1k but I didn't keep it long enough to find out much more about it.

I met a guy who had a pair of the 15s in a sealed box. He said he was running 5500 watts to them with a BAMF and was dropping to 8 volts lol. I'm sure they would have been better in a ported box, but the output was pathetic lol

Going by your sig I'm guessing your are running an obsidian sub? Definitely would not trade an OA for a MOFO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.