Overdrive crank pulleys?

MrFoca

CarAudio.com Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
MD
Mechman sent me a smaller pulley to get the RPM out of it at idle. But it also started giving me problems right before I traded the truck in.

OP
adulbrich

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
[quote name='A_Contraptions']do remember, overdrive = smaller diameter pulley. under drive = bigger[/QUOTE]

Sorry, overdrive on both alts and am also looking for an overdrive crank pulley

[quote name='undone1']In reference to alt..yes....to the crank..no...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, correct. I made a mistake in the OP

[quote name='A_Contraptions']just making sure. I wouldn't change the crank myself. the alt company is supposed to use your engines stock crank diameter as a general reference to the pulley for the alt. atleast a lot do to avoid over spin and destroying bearings.[/QUOTE]

Alt was originally made for my car, which idled at 1500. It doesn't have enough output at 500 rpm for what I'm looking for. I don't know if I'll have to send it in and get something replaced or what.
@mylows10; was going to contact Mike and see what the issue is

OP
adulbrich

adulbrich

Lock up your daughters!
May 11, 2014
Ames, Iowa
[quote name='A_Contraptions']do remember, overdrive = smaller diameter pulley. under drive = bigger[/QUOTE]

Sorry, overdrive on both alts and am also looking for an overdrive crank pulley

[quote name='undone1']In reference to alt..yes....to the crank..no...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, correct. I made a mistake in the OP

[quote name='A_Contraptions']just making sure. I wouldn't change the crank myself. the alt company is supposed to use your engines stock crank diameter as a general reference to the pulley for the alt. atleast a lot do to avoid over spin and destroying bearings.[/QUOTE]

Alt was originally made for my car, which idled at 1500. It doesn't have enough output at 500 rpm for what I'm looking for. I don't know if I'll have to send it in and get something replaced or what.

@mylows10; was going to contact Mike and see what the issue is

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest classifieds